From May 2021 sellers can cancel unpaid items after 4 days

Sellers can now cancel unpaid transactions after 4 days without having to open a case and waiting 4 more days.  Items can be relisted immediately after cancellation.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/2021-autumn-seller-update/unpaid-items

From early April 2021, you won’t need to file unpaid item claims against buyers or send payment reminders. You’ll be able to cancel unpaid orders after 5 days. 

1. We’ll proactively send payment reminders to buyers. After 5 calendar days, you can cancel the transaction using the 'Buyer hasn't paid' reason in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold
  2. After cancellation, the item will be automatically relisted and applicable fees may be returned to you
  3. Each cancellation where the buyer hasn’t paid will be recorded against them. We’ll block that buyer’s ability to leave feedback and, if they’ve already left feedback, we’ll remove it. Buyers with excessive cancellations due to unpaid items may have action taken against them by eBay in accordance with our Abusive Buyer Policy  

The order can be cancelled by the seller where the buyer hasn’t paid and 5 days have passed since:

• The buyer committed to purchasing the item
  • The buyer won an auction
  • The buyer accepted your offer
  • You accepted the buyer’s Best Offer
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I am posting this as a new thread in the hope that it will stop old threads about non-payers being bumped.  That is why I put 'May 2021' in the thread title.

davewil had posted a link to this information on another thread, but I thought it wise to start a new thread with the information included in the Opening Post.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

digi also posted about this (and provided links) on a thread that had a title that didn't mention the ability to cancel

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Bounce 😎

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That is good. I hate non payers.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Good of you to go to the trouble of opening a special eBay account to tell us this

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply