GST

a buyer won't oay as my order of $99 has GST added to it, why? It has never been added in the past?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

GST

If you have a quick look here on the forum, you will see several posts about the same thing

I doubt other members here can tell you 'why', many of us are wondering the same thing

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

GST

I just had 3 buyers who wont pay as GST is being added on checkout to the invoice. This only started happening to me on 19-Aug-23. It only affected 3 buyers (in Aus) while others could checkout with GST being added on checkout. This seems to affect some buyers but not all; I raised a ticket with ebay who said it would be fixed in 24 hours. 

After 24 hours, I called again and raised another ticket which I was told would be fixed in 48 hours. I just noticed a recent buyer has paid GST so it is still occurring. 

Very frustrating and I fear I will lose customers and payments over this. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

GST

Open issue - ebay announcement here 

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/Open-issue-eBay-charging-GST-on-domestic-orders/...

Our technical team is aware of this issue and is actively working to solve it. We know this may mean some buyers/sellers are being charged more than necessary at checkout/or in final value fees. If you have been impacted by this:

• Weโ€™ll be in contact with you to share next steps 
  • Any excess amounts weโ€™ve collected due to the error will be refunded to you
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

GST

This may have been fixed. My seller has just paid me on an invoice which previously had GST added - he told me when he went to pay this time it went through without GST as normal. So either issue new invoices to your buyers, or even just ask them to try and pay again, and see if  when they pay the GST has disappeared, as happened to my buyer. Whew.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

GST

This has been fixed for me now. Thanks Siddieswans!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply