Gallery Picture Issue

The past couple of days I have been having trouble with listings not showing the gallery picture. The picture is there in the listing, works fine. But when viewed in my store I just get a little camera icon, and when viewed on my active sale page I get an image of two grey photographs.

This is only happening on SOME of my new listings, I uploaded 5 images yesterday, two had pics, three did not.

I had about 10 items 'auto relist' this morning, all had images before being relisted and have images in my unsold folder, but only about 5 of them have images in my active and store views.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Gallery Picture Issue

This has been happening to quite a few sellers over the past few weeks, including me.

The photos do eventually appear, sometimes takes a couple of hours, other times a few minutes. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

I've had it happen with not appearing for a few hours, but the ones listed yesterday have been almost 24 hours now without pics, seems longer than normal

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

Yes that does seem longer than usual.

The work-a-round to fix them is to go to change your item's gallery picture on the site map - the option is under selling activites.  This allows you to reselect a photo for the gallery - if you have a few to do its quicker if you have two browser windows open so you can cut and paste in relevant items numbers.

Here is the link,  http://cgi5.ebay.com.au/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?DisplayGalleryImagePageV3

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

Followed the link and inputted an item number. Recieved a flag in red text saying 'Your image has not yet been added to the Gallery.'. Clicked the source file and the image was there and correct, and the listing is fine. Clicked retry but I just keep getting the same message that it has not yet been added to gallery. That listing was placed up yesterday evening, it should have loaded by now even with the recent glitching and lag.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

Mmmm .. You could try via edit listing function swapping gallery pic to another photo if that works, you will need to swap back.

Painful .... But may work
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

Youre lucky lol ... I've got 41 of the things missing!

That's according to my active list.

Goodness only knows how many aren't showing up in search.

I guess the fees we pay just aren't enough to let eBay employ decent programmers.

Maybe they should introduce a bulk relinking tool Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

They finally appeared this morning, so around 36 hours after listing

Come on ebay, I can understand an hour or two, but 36? Don't I get the most search exposure at the very start and end of my listing time? Way to waste the search exposure by not giving me a pic until after the time has passed.

At least they're there now

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

36 hours is just ridiculous!

Maybe the pics now have to get approval from the gallery pic checkers prior to appearing in search results?

Spoiler
pic_dept.jpg
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Gallery Picture Issue

I 'fixed' 30 odd pictures using  ^^^^ that link, yesterday....usually I have to ring Ebay & get 'Tech' to fix the problem, as sometimes that link just 'hangs' or doesn't work at all. Sometimes they fix it, some months I lose gallery pics permanently. I now have a message on my file relating to this, so I don't have to waste half my day on phone help, trying to explain the problem

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply