HELP! Fake seller listing MY DADS CAR

veshjj
Community Member

What do I do about it??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1970-HT-Monaro-GTS-350-/261477054583?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce13f3877

That is the listing. They have taken it from when my dad listed it not long ago

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HT-Monaro-GTS-350-/291126164074

4 days left and the price is so high. I'm hoping the buyer isn't fooled and pays before receiving the car, because there's no car to receive, it's my dads!

And certainly don't want whoever it is to be getting any money from this. They should be jailed! This is a LOT of money they are trying to scam

Please help!!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Could be a hijacked account.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Call eBay and tell them exactly what is happening, in detail. Ask to speak to a supervisor if they won't help you.

as your Dad had it on eBay, give them that listing number and details.

customer support top right, then follow the prompts. Try another option if you do not get the number. This gives you a one-off code you need when you call.

or just ring the 1800 number, and they will ask you a couple of questions for confirmation of who you are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks guys. Called the number but seems to only work during office hours so will call again tomorrow.

We reported on the customer service bit but no idea how long it takes for a response, really want this settled quick, mainly before someone pays up.

Seems as though they are using fake bidders. Look at the price of it now with how long left then look at the price my dad had it for, which didn't sell.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Could you contact the bogus seller and tell them that you are aware of what is happening and intend to call ebay ? 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

There are four days, so tomorrow, if you call, hopefully it is ended by eBay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah will be calling first thing.

Won't be contacting the seller. Not sure how it works if hey can end things early and not be caught

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I've reported it to Live Help,who'll pass it on to Trust & Safety.

So we'll see how quick they are,good.gif

The worry is the Asking price AU $28,000 which they have stated in the listing,(so it needs to be removed quickly

before members are told to hand over that amount),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks heaps! And to everyone else who has helped to

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Seems to be gone now!

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply