Has Buyer email now been hidden in the new Seller Hub?

Under the old format you could find the buyer email under the "View Sales Record" when an item was sold you include it on the shipping label so they are notified of events of the postal lodgement.

In the new Seller Hub format under "View Order Details" there is an Ebay driven email address for the buyer. Is the buyers actual email address no longer available to us now?

I read in another post that a workaround was through PayPal but under the new payment system we no longer receive payments through PayPal so that work around is no longer available. I think I am a fairly reasonable person when it comes to changes but customer emails are needed for postal labels. The changes seems to have gone backwards not forwards. If I have to use this new Ebay driven email address I wonder if it will work in the same way with notifications of Postal events to the buyer? Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In our 2020 Spring Seller Update, we announced changes to the visibility of email addresses for buyers and sellers on eBay. Most eBay users will now see an email alias for their trading partners. 

As a seller, you’ll still be able to communicate with your buyers, you will simply see an email alias rather than the buyer’s actual email address. We recommend you use My Messages on eBay to communicate with your buyers.

This change to email address visibility will not affect:

• Your ability to communicate with buyers on eBay
  • Buyers getting order confirmation emails
  • Buyers getting tracking/postage updates via email:
    • If you use the eBay Postage Labels platform, carriers will still receive the buyer’s email alias and send them delivery updates 
    • If you upload the buyer’s alias email directly to your carrier, the buyer will still receive tracking updates
    • If you upload tracking to eBay, eBay will send tracking updates directly to the buyer on the carrier’s behalf

As part of maintaining the privacy of all eBay users, we also want to remind you that any buyer information eBay provides you (including email addresses and phone numbers) must only be used for the purposes it is provided to you. 

This is all set out in eBay’s User Agreement and also covers buyers’ use of your information.

Read more about this change in the latest seller update → 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay says their new email addresses will stick work for postage label notifications.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

In our 2020 Spring Seller Update, we announced changes to the visibility of email addresses for buyers and sellers on eBay. Most eBay users will now see an email alias for their trading partners. 

As a seller, you’ll still be able to communicate with your buyers, you will simply see an email alias rather than the buyer’s actual email address. We recommend you use My Messages on eBay to communicate with your buyers.

This change to email address visibility will not affect:

• Your ability to communicate with buyers on eBay
  • Buyers getting order confirmation emails
  • Buyers getting tracking/postage updates via email:
    • If you use the eBay Postage Labels platform, carriers will still receive the buyer’s email alias and send them delivery updates 
    • If you upload the buyer’s alias email directly to your carrier, the buyer will still receive tracking updates
    • If you upload tracking to eBay, eBay will send tracking updates directly to the buyer on the carrier’s behalf

As part of maintaining the privacy of all eBay users, we also want to remind you that any buyer information eBay provides you (including email addresses and phone numbers) must only be used for the purposes it is provided to you. 

This is all set out in eBay’s User Agreement and also covers buyers’ use of your information.

Read more about this change in the latest seller update → 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The email address won't work for one of the main reasons it's there, delivery options. The contact info on an Aus Post label has to match the contact info on file via My Post for the buyer to have options like redirection available (if the seller actually wants to provide that option - I personally don't for eBay sales, though I noticed recently AP have started having redirections show in tracking).

Anyway, this might help

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply