Has anyone else encountered ebay stores that offer links to purchase products off ebay?

There is an ebay store I have listed in my favourites who have had links to their facebook page and their online store for over 6 months now. I have reported them to ebay so many times but nothing has changed.

It's not exactly discreet;

linking violations

linking violations

It upsets me because I also have an ebay store that sells similiar clothing/young womens fashion and I always abide by the rules but it's very disheartening to see this kind of thing happening all the time and nothing being done about it.

Does anybody else encounter this kind of thing and what do you do about it? Is this fair?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Has anyone else encountered ebay stores that offer links to purchase products off ebay?

Wow, how do they get away with so much blatant off-eBay advertising on their store home page??  

Definitely not fair to genuine sellers who follow eBay's selling rules to the letter and another seller just flaunts facebook sales everywhere in their listings.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

hmmm I could be way off but it seems this seller may have found a loop hole in the rule. Doesnt the rule state your listings can not contain links to off ebay sites? Because technically the listings dont, just the shop front. Not saying its right or anything but possibly no rule broken "technically"

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

No, not true. There is absolutely no linking anywhere in your store pages to facebook or to purchase items off ebay. There is no exceptions to these rules at all. Especially when the seller is advertising cheaper postage for the buyer to complete purchase elsewhere. Blatant disregard for the rules and their facebook page shows many many ebay customers commenting and completing transactions through their facebook.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply