Has anyone else found that Ebay has slowed down on sales over the last few months

I have found that my sales are getting less and less over the last few months. anyone else seeing this

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Has anyone else found that Ebay has slowed down on sales over the last few months

YES!  I used to sell something at least twice a month, but for the last year or longer it takes about every two months or more before anything sells, and I really would like to know why...

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

We have been pretty quiet, for sure, but it all seems normal again.

Stats indicate it is a seasonal phenomenon with our type of product, but I don't know why.

Some things are a mystery.

Melina.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have found that sales on Ebay have deteriorated to the point of closing down.   We have items at below cost price, free shipping and 30 day returns, it makes no difference.  This has been happening for years and it is very disappointing.   

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Nothing ever stays the same. There's lots of competition, not only here, but on other platforms. Buyer needs and preferences are continually changing and what sold well yesterday may well be just a burden today.

i think most of it rests with sellers. We're either selling something consumers want and will pay for, or we're not. Identify the right product, or niche market, present it all nicely with good prices and sales can be good.

No complaints. Back to normal, but always watching and investigating other 'stuff.'

Melina.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

My sales took a nose dive from about the beginning of March 2018. Have noticed the same for competitors in my catagories, causing some to heavily discount. 

Using what tools are available, I find buyers are still viewing and watching, but not buying. This is true for my international sales as well, and they make up 40% of my sales.

The opening of Amazon in Australia may account for some sellers downturn, but I think other factors are at play. I also have a shopfront and attend markets. These have not been good in recent times either. Some 30% of businesses in my strip, in an affluent part of Melbourne, have closed or changed over in the past year.

Think ever lower disposable incomes, vertically integrated retailers, Trump mania and the fear it generates, and large retailers in constant sale mode. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

April has been my worst month of the year for the past 3 years. Probably a lot of people trying to pay off credit cards from Christmas (over)spending at this time of year. 

This year, I implemented some new strategies to try and fix it. I've been doing a lot of advertising on Facebook, and I made sure I had a reasonably-sized update ready to go so there'd be new items for people to buy.

So far, so good, but it is only the fourth.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Really needing to double check my latest ebay invoice. Sales down but invoice up a lot. Hmm.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@nchantedgifts2012wrote:

I have found that my sales are getting less and less over the last few months. anyone else seeing this

Don't you mean the last few years?

Sales figures have been on the slide for quite a while.

Changes to eBay, a more diffuse online sales environment in general, declining household discretionary spend in Aus.

You can probably throw in a few more reasons but the nett result is what we see now.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I find it interesting our sales drop off around invoice payment time. By drop off I mean by 80% every month only to see them a couple of days later return to normal....

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply