Have to change postal categories -- to WHAT?!

Got message from eBay saying that I have to change postal categories (or get listing removed without recourse), to whatever new system AustPost is enforcing....but the new options aren't on eBay yet, so ...????

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

When you do the postage you have to select one of the postage options from the drop down that ebay are saying we have to pick from.

Ebay Standard Service

Standard Service

Express Service.

You have to pick one of the options under those 3 services.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

But I want to send packages insured and with a 'sign on delivery' sticker. How do I specify that? That's neither standard nor express.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Got message from eBay saying that I have to change postal categories (or get listing removed without recourse), to whatever new system AustPost is enforcing....but the new options aren't on eBay yet, so ...????

Is it for new listings or all existing listings?  I haven't even got around to changing my postage prices yet as have been away for a few days.  I'm just charging buyers what I have quoted unless it's combined postage. Glad I don't have thousands of listings - think I would be pulling my hair out by now.

I'm not sure, I tried to go back to the message but it expired as soon as I clicked away from it.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I haven't seen the options but I'd be inclined to select standard (as it's not express) and include any extra information - perhaps in BOLD or upper case - in the item description.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I haven't seen the options but I'd be inclined to select standard (as it's not express) and include any extra information - perhaps in BOLD or upper case - in the item description.

but chezzy that will only allow you to CHARGE for standard, if it is not in the postage part of the listing you cannot add the charge later for Signature on Delivery or Extra Cover(insurance)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

well what a pain in the butt that will be, sorry I had not gotten around to trying it for myself

So what is the way around it, work the cost into the listing price or seller just charge standard and absorb the rest themselves? (can seller nominate the cost under standard or is it inserted automatically?)

Most days recently I have been coming to these forums to see if there is any good news......

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Lately I've gotten the odd message after signing in that eBay is discontinuing the Australia Post Regular Parcel Registered and Australia Post Regular Parcel + Tracking options, for obvious reasons. You should be able to select Australia Post Parcel Post Parcel + Signature (which replaced Registered Post) in line with the new AusPost services.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

and Australia Post Regular Parcel + Tracking options, for obvious reasons.

Sorry, what is the obvious reason?  I thought that this was the new tracking service on all parcels that Aust Post was now offering?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply