Help cancelling an order when you're on holidays

Hi folks,

I need a bit of advice on what to do.

I went on holidays for the first time in many years for about 8 weeks off eBay, with holiday notices on, auto-reply messages on etc on eBay. Even all the listings had holiday listings on. The problem is:

How do I cancel a transaction over 30 days old? Here's why.

A buyer bought an item a couple days after our holidays started and never paid. About 4 weeks after the transaction I messaged the buyer to ask if they're still interested as payment has not been received. They said they still wanted it. So now they've paid, but paid by buying another item of the same thing and didn't pay for the one bought earlier while we were on holidays.

I hope that scenario makes sense! Anyway, now I need to cancel that old transaction because the buyer didn't understand the whole thing, which is why they bought another item of the same kind that they wanted. I can't cancel it because it's over 30 days since the transaction.

What do I do?

Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If they can still pay for the older transaction why not get them to do that and cancel the new one? If they have already paid for the new one phone ebay explain it and they should manually refund your FVF (if not nag until they do no is not an acceptable answer )

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You should be able to still cancel it if it's less than 60 days since purchase. It's too late to do an unpaid item. If it's less than 60 days go to the item in your sold section and click on the more actions dropdown on the right, then select cancel order. On the next screen select that the buyer requested to cancel or there was a problem with their address. Those 2 options won't get you a defect.

I cancelled some after about 45 days as a buyer went rogue on me. She had bought and paid for quite a few things over numerous transactions so I wasn't worried. Then when she stopped buying and didn't pay I sent her a message which she didn't respond to. I was able to cancel the transactions no problems. I had to wait 8 days before I could close the cancellation to get my fees back.

If it's older than 60 days then I don't think there is anything you can do about getting your fees back.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply