Help please for bulk edit

I'm trying to change my postage prices, which I used to be able to bulk edit 200 at a time.

I'm in the Manage Active Listings on the overview page & it lists about 10 or so things I can bulk edit ( listed under Actions).  Sadly I cannot find how to change the postage - am I looking in the wrong place, or missing something entirely?

I have over 3000 listings so need to be able to do this in Bulk Editing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First of all I think you have to use "edit" and can only do 100 at a time, but you will find doing 50 is better and then choose "domestic postage"

The bad new is I have never been able to bulk edit postage, I always have to go into edit every  listing,

maybe someone else has been more successful.

try a few and see.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

First of all I think you have to use "edit" and can only do 100 at a time, but you will find doing 50 is better and then choose "domestic postage"

The bad new is I have never been able to bulk edit postage, I always have to go into edit every  listing,

maybe someone else has been more successful.

try a few and see.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

As mentioned above, once you've selected the listings, you hit the edit menu on the top left where you have to select from "edit selected listings" or "edit all XX listings". 

From the next page, you select all listings, click edit fields, and then select Postage (domestic) and then change the dropdown to "change to" - you have to do all postage services and rates that you offer again, even if you're just changing the postage cost for one service.

I usually edit 100 listings at a time, you can do more, but I find loading more than that tends to result in more errors. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have several shipping profiles which I apply to the various listings.

If I want to edit a profile I just look under the Business Policies and make the change.

It then applies the adjusted postage to all the items which use that profile.

The other way of doing it is to go into a listing, look at the postage profile and make the change.

It will then apply the change to all the listings under that profile (assuming you set up a named delivery profile).

When I started my shop I set up all the different shipping profiles, which you can name/personalise when setting up. For example, I have profiles that I have called: Parcel Post, Domestic Letter Tracked, Domestic Letter Untracked and so on, named for exactly what they are.

That means I can see at a glance which profile I need to edit.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you.  I completely missed that Edit in the left hand corner & was going straight to actions after I had selected the listings.

That now takes me straight to the editing I wanted to do.  I have great success editing in bulk this way.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your help.  I have had great success editing my postage prices in bulk, using this method.  I can do my entire listings (over 3000) in a very short space of time.  I used to do 200 at a time when using the classic views, so will now explore how many I can do using the Manage Active Listings.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for the reply.  I don't have my postage set up this way, but you've given me food for thought.  Will have a look at this method.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I've only just recovered from this:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/I-found-out-the-hard-way-a-warning-to-other-sellers/td-p/23...

so I suggest you be careful & do a few at a time

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

For once luck was on my side!

I bulk edited in lots of 200 - changed my domestic postage rates.  Had no issues & they are all reading correctly.  I have over 3000 listings, so could have been a disaster.

Didn't read your warning until AFTER I had edited, so am thanking my lucky stars.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I'm happy there has been a good outcome for you....some of us have to win 🙂

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply