Help with postage rate table zones

I am having issues with setting up a postage rate table for a door-to-door courier.

the main issue I am having is that some postcodes in Greater Melbourne are a cheap rate via courier, but other are classified as regional and are charged an extra surcharge.

ie postcode 3939 is listed on eBay as in the "Greater Melbourne" zone. My courier charges local rates here.

postcode 3782 is also listed on eBay as in the "greater Melbourne" zone. My courier adds a $13 surcharge here.

is there any way around this?

im only using this as an example zone. All zones seem to have discrepancies like this.

i have a list of postcodes for each pricing tier, but I am unsure how to filter them manually on the eba rate table.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The surcharge could apply to PO Boxes, although I think they cost more.

I don't and won't use couriers. Unless your items can't go with Australia Post, have you considered the considerable inconvenience to your buyers that using couriers incurs?

What courier are you using? There are many and I suspect they all charge different rates. Please don't say Sendle or Fastway.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Okay, you're using Sendle, which almost assuredly equals Fastway. Be prepared for tears. And refunds and negative feedback.

Even your items with quoted postage claim Sendle in the description, which most buyers won't read. If it will go with AP, I strongly recommend you use AP.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I use Sendle, all my parcels went with couriers please, as fastway don't fully service my area. All have been delivered 2 days to Brisbane and Sydney so far, and same day within Melbourne.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Aus post in my area is hopeless. All my parcels are late with them, and anything that I have sent with them takes ages.  Last couple of items with them were extremely late. 2 weeks to Brisbane, 1 week to Sydney, 4 days within Melbourne. That is why I stopped using auspost. They are absolutely hopeless.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Fair enough. But I sent a large letter from Canberra to Perth on Tuesday and it arrived today according to the buyer.

Whilst couriers might be convenient for you, are they convenient for your buyers? That is the question. And no amount of postage tables will answer it.

I stand by my opinion. Couriers mean negatives and unhappy buyers. But that is up to you to determine.

And I don't use postage tables, so I can't answer your question.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply