Hi guys Im wondering how people offer free post on weighty items?

So I'm Australian the postage is pricey here if the item has any weight to it at all its minimum 9.30 postage if it fits in small satchel.

But I see many people selling different stuff for 10 bucks or so let's say with free postage.  Which means the item would have to be cents each which is not possible.

How do they get special prices from aus post? 

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Some sellers offer "loss leaders" and have free postage on some of their items, but other items do have a postage cost - so it's a numbers game.

You can also look on the sellers Feedback page to see where they are registered, not where the item is apparently "located". Chinese sellers have their postage massively subsidised.

If the seller is actually in Australia and has an Aus Post business account, they can get a postage discount up to 40% (depending on zone) if they are mailing out 350+ parcels over an 8 week period.

Can you give us an item number as an example? 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Some sellers offer "loss leaders" and have free postage on some of their items, but other items do have a postage cost - so it's a numbers game.

You can also look on the sellers Feedback page to see where they are registered, not where the item is apparently "located". Chinese sellers have their postage massively subsidised.

If the seller is actually in Australia and has an Aus Post business account, they can get a postage discount up to 40% (depending on zone) if they are mailing out 350+ parcels over an 8 week period.

Can you give us an item number as an example? 

Phew, I'm relieved, you asked for an item number. I was starting to get worried you'd forget to ask!!!

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply