High volume sellers allowed to breach policy...

Hi E1,

Yeah here we go again, Good old gripe about eBay discriminating against lower volume sellers by allowing high volume sellers to breach policy.

A classic example is this...

COODMAX CD-P500W Power Supply Unit PSU 500W 24PIN ATX SATA 12cm fan Intel AMD

This seller has at least 8 email addresses in all of his listings, all of which include his business website.

Plus, all of his email communications with other eBay members include a signature in his email with his full web address.

I have reported this to T&S many times over the past 3 weeks but on each occassion nothing ever gets done.

I know this has been eBays special privilege for high volume sellers for many years now but surely soomething has to be done about it.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As far as I know, high volume sellers still get treated the same as low volume sellers. It's only the well known brands and big corps that get special privileges.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Well here we are over a month on and the above mentioned seller is still allowed to continue to breach eBay policies. No matter how many times we report this and no matter which method we use to report this it always gets the same response, NOTHING.

Here is another one that is allowed to continue to advertise his website in the item description for browsers to purchase this sellers items outside of eBay.

Pure discrimination.

Slim DVD Internal Drive Writer for Toshiba Satellite C50-A L50-A C50-B L50-B

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

So what is the seller breaching? Having multiple accounts?

Even so, why are you so determined to destroys someone's business? I would never do that to a competitor, only just be better than them.But really, going out all the way to put them onto the streets is a bit far IMO

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to add your input.

These sellers are not my competitors. My store is motorcycle accessories. Not computer components.

My store only has 300 items, not 3000+ like these above mentioned sellers.

Did you not look at the items to see the breach for yourself?

I dont know how you feel about being discriminated against however I can tell you that it is very unfair of eBay to do this to smaller volume sellers like myself.

Why should high volume sellers be allowed to advertise direct links in their item descriptions so that potential buyers can buy direfct from their website, outside eBay and small volume sellers are not allowed to? It is nothing short of discrimination.

Like I said, no matter how many times we report this activity and no matter what method we use to report this nothing ever happens to the high volume sellers and they are able to continue using their own set of rules.

Original Battery Apple MacBook Pro 15" Unibody A1286, 2011, A1382

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply