How To Send A Padded Envelope with Stamps??

Wondering how many stamps and which stamps to put on a padded envelope (flat)??

It will be a medium sized padded envelope, flat and less than 200g. 

Already have the envelope but the stamps confuse me, I'm unsure how many to put on it? (5x 30c, 2x $1......help!?)

Thanking you!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

go-tazz
Community Member

@gemmminer0 wrote:

Already have the envelope but the stamps confuse me, I'm unsure how many to put on it? (5x 30c, 2x $1......help!?)

Thanking you!

If it's over 5mm but less than 20mm thick it becomes a large letter then it's $3.30 worth as it's over 125 grams but

under 250 grams.

Standard letter rate only applies to letters/envelopes less than 5 mm in thickness that are a certain size and

most padded envelopes are genrally that thick without anything in them.good.gif

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/domestic/3730/2360

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@gemmminer0 wrote:

Thanking you!

when you say ‘medium sized padded envelope’ do you mean that is the PO assessment of the envelope size OR is it your assessment of it’s size?  This is an important point as PO are specific about size and usually quantify their envelope sizes in millimetres.

Post it over the counter at a Post Office and pay the postage at the counter.  Better that than putting too few stamp value and coping a fine if you put return address OR buyer being asked to pay if you don’t put return address.

Once you have done this once you will know for sure what stamps are required for that size padded envelope in that weight range.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Large letter (125g)  Up to 260 x 360 x 20mm  Up to 125g  $2.20

Large letter (250g)  Up to 260 x 360 x 20mm  Up to 250g  $3.30
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

All the information is available in the link on the 2nd post:

All there..JPG

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Sorry, but if you don't know the answer you should not be selling on eBay

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Sorry, but if you don't know the answer you should not be selling on eBay

Yes, if you're not born with an innate knowledge of something, heaven forbid you should try to find out about it by asking questions.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

The OP could go direct to the source....all the information is on the Australia Post website.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The OP could go direct to the source....all the information is on the Australia Post website.

Unless you're familiar with it, asking here is probably a better use of time than trying to navigate through a site designed and maintained by eBay's reject IT internees.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The easiest option for items that you are not sure of is to take to the PO and they will help.

If you are going to continue to sell here it might pay you to get the Free Postage Booklet from AP that is available over the counter. 

It has everything (and more) that you could want to know. There is a lot of info that you may not want, but your info will be in there too, and it will remain as a phsical reference for you.

A new copy is released every 6 months, usually Oct and April so just ask for the new one when due. 

You might benefit from a set of Digital scales so that you have an accuracte weight. We have a pair that we bought at K-mart for approx $19.00 12 months or so ago and is a huge help. Don't take up much room, and we just keep in the cupboard for when needed.  

Also If you are selling here on a regular basis, would pay you to invest in some "tools" to assist you in your listings.

Scales being one, the post booklet, and we also have the free Letter gauge from AP, small scales for weighing jewellery, and a few other things collected over the years.

Putting these items together will make your selling experience much easier, and less stressful. 

Good Luck    

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply