How come my score is still low?

qball28
Community Member

I had 100% before he left me a unfair negative feedback and gave me 2 defects( I thought it can only be a maximum of one) because he couldn't be bothered reading the description. I am still 97.2% despite getting 4 positives (3 from buyers)since then. This was more than 3 months ago, so how long does it take to get to 100% again? As I think it's hurting thee already low sales. eBay is blocking who sees my stuff too as I get hardly no views ( I find it hard to believe there's this few) they care absolutely nothing for loyalty do they? ( been here nearly 15 years) 😡😫

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

12 months before it stops affecting your feedback %, and defect count.

3 month defect count is for higher volume sellers.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

It takes 200 pos feedback to counteract one neg.

Unless you are a high volume seller you will have to wait 12 months. There have been reports on other sites that ebay is going to change the defect debacle but I wouldn't hold my breath.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I would ring ebay to try and get it removed.. He clearly says in feedback he did not read the description and if the fault was mentioned and also photgraphed then he only has himself to blame.  Explain to them it's buyers responsibility to read the listing description.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

So, I'm stuck with it for nearly 9 more months, unless I buy lots of stuff ( I've noticed positive feedback by sellers get % raised a bit) or convince them to remove the negative (which I read almost impossible)😔
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@qball28 wrote:
So, I'm stuck with it for nearly 9 more months, unless I buy lots of stuff ( I've noticed positive feedback by sellers get % raised a bit) or convince them to remove the negative (which I read almost impossible)😔

Yep.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

It will cost you nothing but a bit of time to call ebay and ask for it to be removed although the buyer just looks like a numpty by admitting it is their own fault.  If your first request is unsuccessful try again a few hours later, some customer service robots personnel are more obliging than others.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

It quickly gets to 99+%, then it doesn't stand out, few sellers maintain 100% for long if they have a sizeable turnover.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

further to my post don't just ask them to remove the neg feedback ask them to also remove the defect.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Don't forget that the score is based on a 'rolling' 12 months, so while you are receiving new positives, 12 month old positives are dropping off the end of your feedback count.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply