How cruel & heartless ebay Mum passed away & they suspend a/c for lack of performance. 110 listings.

How cruel & heartless are ebay, my dear Mum passed away 1 week, ago today, after a long illness. I find out that yesterday ebay suspended my account, they state because of lack of performance. I have been a honest & reliable ebay seller for many many years, even giving refunds for $1.00 for overpayment of postage. I had 110 items listed, so I cannot understand the justification. I did have a overseas phone call from them last night, & was asked for me to supply ebay with a death certificate. This is beyond belief. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How cruel & heartless ebay Mum passed away & they suspend a/c for lack of performance. 110 listings.

Unfortunately, death in family is one of the most common excuses. Send them the certificate when you get it if you want your account back.

So sorry for your loss. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

sorry for your loss but how were ebay suppose to know?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am sorry for your loss but find it hard to believe that ebay has closed you down because of one weelk of poor performance.  There must have been problems before this last week.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

"Lack" of performance.

Do you mean you got too many defects?

My mum died four weeks ago today (really), and I was living with her (am still in the house sorting things out).. and Ebay didnt close me down due to the couple of postage time defects I received from that week.

I agree with the others - Ebay wasnt to know, its a bit like the "dog ate my homework" excuse and there must have been a few problems before this. 

When you get the death certificate, send them a copy. Pretty simple. Youll probably have to send it to a bunch of other people anyway, as is the process.

If your mum has actually passed away, I can sympathise with you, and let you know theres going to be quite a few things shut down and that youre unable to fix over the next month. Ebay is the least of your problems. Keep things in perspective or itll drive you to a breakdown.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Why didn't you put your ebay store in holiday mode ? If you've been selling for many years as you

say, then ebay would be one of your top priorities and is no different to closing a real shop due to a

death in the family.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply