How do I add a new user id to an existing account?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Click on your account then click personal info then click edit your id and then choose another ID.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Crow, that is just changing the current ID to a new name.

If the OP wants another ID s/he has to open a new accout and then link them as well as adding the second ID to a paypal account.

You can link up to 8 ebay IDs to one paypal account.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Well you can't add a new user ID to an existing ebay account unless you change it and that's what OP has asked.

Of course you can have 8 different accounts on PayPal but that's not what OP has asked.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Well you can't add a new user ID to an existing ebay account unless you change it and that's what OP has asked.

Of course you can have 8 different accounts on PayPal but that's not what OP has asked.

I added a new ID to my existing account, exactly as Lyndal described. I didn't have to change anything on the original existing account, I just linked them together and added the new one to my PayPal account.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

So you're saying that you added another user ID to the user ID that you already have?

Well tell us all how you did that?

I would like to know and so would OP

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

How do you link ebay accounts?

I have tried and all I get is linking my ebay to my paypal.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Cloudyday, do you want to do a name change or open a second account?

image host
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Kopes how do you link a second account to your existing account?

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Multiple eBay accounts are automatically linked for eBay's security purpose should the need arise if they have the same registration details.

"What you should be aware of though, is that all multiple eBay accounts will be interlinked by eBay and thatโ€™s bad news. In practice this means that if one of your accounts gets suspended/banned, the others will be closed shortly afterwards because from eBayโ€™s point of view you will have become too much of a risk as a seller".

Furthermore, even though eBay specifies - 

Not allowed "Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences".

eBay have been known to lift limits on new accounts when informed of an association with a good standing long term account.

image host
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply