How do I adjust the invoice if I agreed to give a buyer a discount for buying in bulk?

I agreed with the purchaser to reduce the total cost of the purchase if he bought 20 of the items I was selling. Is there any way I can reduce the total cost on the invoice, other than to delete a couple of items to bring it down to what we both agreed on? Would mean i'd still be charged commision on the full price?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How do I adjust the invoice if I agreed to give a buyer a discount for buying in bulk?

If the discount amount is more than the post and handling cost that appeared on the listing, or if post was free, you cannot discount an invoice to less than the total of goods on it.  The total post cost is the only area that can be discounted.

To apply a discount if this is the case you could send to two invoices, one with the majority of the items on it, that is payable, the second invoice with the remainder of the goods that you wish to provide as free, and mark in the notes that it is the FREE quantity for multiple purchase and not payable, and then mark that transaction as paid for in your myeBay sales (so buyer does not mistakenly pay).

The alternative is to do a partial refund after the buyer has paid for all of the goods.

There is no way to reduce paying FVF on the actual freebies if the purchase has already been made.

If contacted prior to sale you could indicate that if a buyer purchases XX amount, then you will include an extra amount of items in their parcel and that this will be reflected in the invoice note, rather than the quantity being paid for.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

cq_tech
Community Member
The easiest way is to simply enter the amount you wish to discount at the bottom of the invoice before sending it off (and do NOT click on 'recalculate' or it will revert to the original price).
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
The easiest way is to simply enter the amount you wish to discount at the bottom of the invoice before sending it off (and do NOT click on 'recalculate' or it will revert to the original price).

I think that only applies to postage discounts. I don't think you can discount the item price in that box. For example, if they sold with 'free postage', then my understanding is, they can't apply a discout. I think I've seen others suggest to cancel the order and relist as a BIN with the discount applied. Of course I am happy to be corrected if I'm way off track!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I have tried that and it keeps coming up as "invalid discount amount" (in red)

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Only the postage can be changed cq, you are quite correct.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If the discount amount is more than the post and handling cost that appeared on the listing, or if post was free, you cannot discount an invoice to less than the total of goods on it.  The total post cost is the only area that can be discounted.

To apply a discount if this is the case you could send to two invoices, one with the majority of the items on it, that is payable, the second invoice with the remainder of the goods that you wish to provide as free, and mark in the notes that it is the FREE quantity for multiple purchase and not payable, and then mark that transaction as paid for in your myeBay sales (so buyer does not mistakenly pay).

The alternative is to do a partial refund after the buyer has paid for all of the goods.

There is no way to reduce paying FVF on the actual freebies if the purchase has already been made.

If contacted prior to sale you could indicate that if a buyer purchases XX amount, then you will include an extra amount of items in their parcel and that this will be reflected in the invoice note, rather than the quantity being paid for.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

can you reduce the postage amount to make the total what you agreed on?     Only the postage can be changed

Don't hit re-calculate, preview to see if you have the right answer before hitting submit.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

wave's to cats

http://fcdn.smileyswelove.com/Content/smileys/smiley-emoticon-298-basic%20smileys%20gallery-bye.gif

where's your pj's ??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks, this pretty much covers it.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

*waves back to greencat*

pjs are in storage Cat Tongue

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply