How do I create a return label for a customer to return goods as I want to pay the postage ?

Can someone please advise or point me in the right direction to learn how to create an Australian Post return label so I can upload it for the customer ?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How do I create a return label for a customer to return goods as I want to pay the postage ?

Unfortunately there isn't an automated way, but you can buy the postage label online and either save a copy of the PDF and send that to them via email, or take a screenshot of the label and send that through as an image (you'll have to confirm they have access to a printer).

In the past, I purchased a label through click and send, then sent the PDF directly via email, but I've also had to print the label and mail that out to the buyer since they didn't seem able to print it out themselves.

You may also be able to go to the purchase and select "buy postage label", making sure to adjust the delivery address to yours before you click "create label" - that won't send the label to the buyer, but it will automatically attach the tracking number to the order details. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You also have the issue of sending a satchel label when they dont have access to ebay satchels. or sending a regular label based on what your shipping weight and dimensions are and it not matching the way they repacked it.

it is as vague as.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Digi, I received a return label, and have no printer. So I did a little looksee on the net and found Australia Post's "Print to Post" service.

Australia Post offices/outlets have "Print to Post" where you can have the returns label printed out for you, when you take in the parcel.

You can check which outlets have it, online.

All I needed was either the PDF/photo of the label, so the barcode could be scanned, or just the code (the label had been sent to me as a PDF attachment via email). The P.O. did not charge me for it.

I thought it was great. Really easy- all I had to do was pack the thing and check my P.O. would print. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It's listed online as service "Print at Post"

at the P.O. they called it print to post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Ah, I never thought of using the ebay postage labels and changing the address. Will do that from now on and screenshot the label and email to buyer! thanks for the idea Digi!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Many thanks for all the help ! Much appreciated !!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply