How do i go about getting payment quicker?

v-n-d-l
Community Member
I have not sold or used Ebay for a while and i don't remember payments taking this long from paypal or ebay? I have done the following and it still is going to take around 2 weeks to get payment. "How to get your funds faster: 1. Send quickly after your buyer pays 2. Add tracking details for the package on eBay 3. Respond quickly to the buyer to resolve any issues" Even sent a message saying i sent the item the next day after it was sold with a reply from buyer. Gave positive rating also but did not recieve one back i know they also receivedit from tracking number. Sold item on 12/09/16 and sent it the next day but funds will be available on: 28/09/2016
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is usually a 21 day hold on funds for new or infrequent sellers.

As soon as the buyer leaves feedback to show that they have received the item and the tracking shows this as well, ring paypal and ask to have the funds released.

You may be lucky.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Okay thank you, will do that.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you upload the tracking number into PayPal as well as eBay when you send something, the funds should release quicker automatically. Should being the operative word. If it doesn't happen within 5 days of tracking showing as delivered, call them and they should release them while you're on the phone. I'm not sure if uploading into PayPal will automatically release the funds for this sale, but I would anyway, that way it's there for PayPal to check when you call them tomorrow.

If they won't release them, come back and we'll give further advice.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You can also raise a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman. I did it on one of my accounts and the 21 day hold was removed.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply