How do i send an invoice to a buyer "after" they've paid?

cwebster01
Community Member

Buyer has asked for an invoice, but has already paid, so i can't see a "send invoice" option in the actions (where i understand it would normally be).     Also, if i click the send invoice link in my email from ebay confirming the sale, it says i can't access this because it's already paid. 

How do i send the buyer an invoice? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

maybe mark it as unpaid?

although I don't know why he wants an invoice - when he can print out his own order from his end.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You can't if they paid via PayPal.

But as said if they have chosen send payment or other then you should be able to mark as unpaid then send invoice.

And if you need to invoice just for additional postage then you can do a funds request in PayPal to the same email addy you received payment from for the postage.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If the buyer has paid why would they need an invoice. You can send them a receipt for the payment but an invoice is something you pay but this has already happened.

The ebay system has changed over the years and you could refund in the past and send a new invoice but not sure what the latest is.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Did they use the request invoice function on eBay, or send a message directly?

Some people will ask for an invoice when they mean a printed receipt, probably because receipts from businesses registered for GST are called a tax invoice (tax invoices can only be issued by businesses registered for GST though).  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

cwebster01
Community Member
Thanks all! I believe he’s had me send it to a freight forwarder and needs an invoice for them to export it. I’ll try marking as unpaid as suggested and then resetting it to paid (I assume).
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I have this option in the seller hub:

ebay invoice.JPG

Other than that, I don't know of any reason why you couldn't quickly make one in Word or something.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Well done purplemon:   I can see that option too 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply