How do you send more than 1 item, if postage option is Domestic Regular Letter Untracked?

Hi all, I am new to eBay selling, and I'm not sure how to go about this.

I am selling small items and it can fit an Untracked Letter with 2 stamps.

However, if the buyer orders 2 (or more items) and chose the Free Postage Domestic Regular Letter Untracked, how do you send it to them?

Do you send the 2 items in separate envelopes?

Also, is there a setting that I can set to my listing, to make it only Free Postage if 1 quantity and then other Postage methods when its more quantity?

Thanks and appreciate your inputs. 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How do you send more than 1 item, if postage option is Domestic Regular Letter Untracked?

I would be a bit annoyed if you advertised  free postage,  but than wanted to hit me for an additional charge if I purchased 2.

I may as well just do 2 separate purchases.  and get them both for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

LOL - don't get annoyed - they walk among us.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

What you can do is refund the difference if the items will go in one envelope, or send in two.

Adding additional postage for additional items when postage is is already included in the price of those items would be ill-advised.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Ok yes, they are free postage because 1 quantity can fit on an envelope, but surely not 3 or 10 of them..

Is it normal to send on separate envelopes? Or that's annoying to the buyers? I'm just curious how other sellers does it.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Use a bigger envelope.

You have included $2.60 postage in your items. If you sell 4 or more in one hit the included postage would more than cover the cost of a satchel.

Yes, buyers would get annoyed. Also consider the amount of money you are risking (no tracking = no recourse for an INR claim) by not sending multiple items by a trackable means.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Ah, so it means if the buyer chooses Regular Letter Untracked, it is still on seller's decision to send it on a different (bigger, tracked) Postage method, is that correct?

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

You are able to set up - 1 item with postage.

You are also able to set up and add each extra item at an additional cost - therefore changing your packaging.

If two of your items do not - for example fit into large letter - you figure another way of packaging.

And charge accordingly - with the each extra item.

Just to add - sticking a plastic cover in a large envelope - going through AP's system - crunch.

I'd revise my idea of sending safely - and arriving in the condition sent.

Not difficult.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@ronamala-0 wrote:

Ok yes, they are free postage because 1 quantity can fit on an envelope, but surely not 3 or 10 of them..

Is it normal to send on separate envelopes? Or that's annoying to the buyers? I'm just curious how other sellers does it.

Oh wow.

Ok so ylou are giving free postage because you have added $2.60 to the price of your items.   So if you sell 10 you will be getting $26.00 to cover postage,  so you could put them in a 1Kg box if need be.

Or are you saying you havent made any allowance for postage in your item price

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply