How long until case closes after adding tracking?

I hardly ever have a case opened against me, so I'm a little out of practice!

Anyway, a buyer opened an INR this morning. I checked the tracking on Ebay which showed it as being on route. I then checked in Aus Post which showed the item actually on board for delivery today.

I waited until it showed as delivered and then uploaded the tracking (heaven knows why it asks for the number again as it was already uploaded when I shipped the parcel).

Now it says that it is "Waiting Buyers Response". Why does it need the buyer to respond at all? Since the item is delivered, surely it should close the case right away?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Contact ebay and tell them. Shouldn't even be an issue!

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

is it actually showing tracking updates through the ebay order?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@danieh

It's showing all the tracking scans as well as the delivered status on the Ebay order itself.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

after 3 business days at midnight should close automatically, we had one recently where the "buyer never got the item" but tracking wasn't showing on eBay for some reason, even after contacting cs it wasnt closed on our favor had to appeal.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Just an update - I finally got a message from Ebay today saying they had resolved the case in my favour, however, upon checking my payment section, the funds for this transaction are still on hold even several hours after the email, which is ridiculous!

The case in the resolution centre still says "waiting for buyers response". Hopefully it will clear the case overnight and the funds released tomorrow. 

This should be a really simple open and shut case, not a 3 day rigmarole.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply