How much will I lose?

This is the second 'buyer' in as many weeks that decided to not proceed with purchase. The first time I had to go through a 7 day period so I could relist the item. My questions are:
Can I accept the second best offer now or do I have to wait for the 7 day waiting period?
If I accept second best offer before awaiting resolution centre decision how much money will I lose on a $260 item for the final valuation fee if I have to pay it?
I've done the right thing and went through the resolution centre and put in a cancellation request etc but if I don't accept the next offer I could miss out again. Groannnn...this is a very frustrating way to sell, and I think skewed toward the 'buyers'.
Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How much will I lose?

I have no idea why you are offering to cancel. Open an unpaid item case, and don't give the so-called buyer the opportunity to muck you around. They either pay or get a strike.

You are best to wait until the unpaid case is finalised before sending a second chance offer - yes. You may (although it is unlikely) end up with 2 buyers if the first one changes their mind and decides to pay. However, you can probably best judge this by the communications you have had with them since the sale.

Why not re-list as a "buy it now" with immediate payment required - that way you can be much more sure of the buyer paying as the listing only finishes when payment is made.

As for how much you will pay if the buyer rejects your offer to cancel, the ebay fees are about 10%. There's no way I'd be copping that or letting them off the hook by allowing them to cancel no matter what their sob story was.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply