How to accept USD and EUR from international buyers?

I want international buyers to pay in USD or EUR if that is their local currency instead of paying conversion to AUD.
I am fine with recieving USD or EUR in Paypal.

I havent seen much info about this, but maybe its a option in Paypal?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The items have to be listed on the site itself, which is a bit different to listing on eBay AU and having the items still appear on other sites. On further investigation, the feature looks like it may have been retired as there's no longer any step-by-step info in the help pages for how to utilise it (there's a "learn more" link, but now it just takes you to a generic info page re: selling manager, and on this page, eBay just instruct you to log in to the other sites to list there).

It's not possible to accept multiple currencies when listing on the one site, you can only do it by creating new listings on sites that are set to the other currencies - i.e. everything listed on eBay AU is in AUD and you'll always receive AUD no matter what, same for eBay US and USD, and so on.  Listings on other sites can appear here, or elswhere, but the listing itself was created on the other site. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The currency of a listing is determined by the site that it's listed on, so to be able to have listings in USD, you need to list on eBay.com. I don't know all of the sites that use Euro - Ireland, Germany and France do, but I don't know any others off-hand. To list on these sites, you can either log into them using your normal login details, or go to your site preferences and change the setting that allows you to send listings to multiple sites while logged into eBay AU. (Under selling manager pro, there will be an option that says "list on these worldwide eBay sites", default is set to Australia only, if you click edit you can add additional sites). Just be aware listings on these sites need to meet the respective policies for each one, you can also list the same item on multiple sites, but I wouldn't recommend making more available this way than you can supply, just in case you get orders you're not able to fulfil. 

Not sure if you meant you've already set up your PayPal account to receive and hold balances in other currencies (if you get paid in a foreign currency and don't have it set up to hold a balance in that currency, it usually just automatically gets converted to your default currency), but if not, you can log in to your account and click the currencies link on the left, the next page will give you an option to add currencies and you'll be able to hold balances in those selected without them being automatically converted. 

PS the currency conversion fee is always charged by PayPal, but who pays it is determined by who they do the conversion for. If the conversion is done at point of purchase, buyer pays it, if it's done after you receive it, you pay it, so that's something to take into consideration. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I have all the worldwide countries ticked on that list, and my items shown on ebay USA but when someone from USA buys it, they still have to pay in converted USD to AUD and lose money through that conversion fee.

I already recieve USD etc in my paypal balances from other people off ebay and I actually save money this way, because I spend the USD directly when I buy something from USA.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The items have to be listed on the site itself, which is a bit different to listing on eBay AU and having the items still appear on other sites. On further investigation, the feature looks like it may have been retired as there's no longer any step-by-step info in the help pages for how to utilise it (there's a "learn more" link, but now it just takes you to a generic info page re: selling manager, and on this page, eBay just instruct you to log in to the other sites to list there).

It's not possible to accept multiple currencies when listing on the one site, you can only do it by creating new listings on sites that are set to the other currencies - i.e. everything listed on eBay AU is in AUD and you'll always receive AUD no matter what, same for eBay US and USD, and so on.  Listings on other sites can appear here, or elswhere, but the listing itself was created on the other site. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Have you tried going into paypal and clicking on Wallet, and then on Add a Currency? It's just under your pp balance and the button for transferring money.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yeah seems like that is the only way. I might try doing that, see what happens.

Thanks for explaining it

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thats not quite what I mean, thanks for answer anyway
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I've tried to accept euros and USD but it was convoluted and may no longer apply.

Now removed from my listings, I once invited buyers to use these currencies.

If they accepted, I would then issue a paypal invoice in that currency. When payment was received, I would mark the sale as payment received and post.

Very few European or US customers took up the offer, so I have dispensed with it.

I did this because I buy quite a lot in those currencies and disliked the 3% exchange fee, on top of other paypal fees.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply