How to cancel paid transaction

The buyer has paid for a out-of-stock item and we both agree to cancel the transaction. Full amount was refunded via PayPal. But there is no option in "cancelling the transaction" or "resolve a problem". EBay said the case is close because the item has been paid and they would charge me (the seller) the final value fees. How do I cancel a paid item transaction? Thanks.

Screen shot 2014-01-10 at 10.44.54 AM.png

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try going directly to the resolution centre and using the item number to bring up options.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks. I tried that before and is no go. It said the case has already been closed because the buyer paid the item.........

So the only "option" I can choose now is to complete the check out like a normal sale. Then eBay will think the item has been paid and sent. It seems there is no way to cancel the transaction upon a PayPal refund?????

Screen shot 2014-01-10 at 2.03.03 PM.png

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Did you open an unpaid item dispute for the transaction by any chance?

If so, and the buyer paid after it was open, there are no further options to cancel a transaction and get a FVF credit, I'm afraid.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, the buyer paid after 7 days from purchase under a dispute. And the payment has been fully refunded with nothing can do now. So seller has to pay a FVF without making any sale?? Rip off
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

How long is it since you did the refund? It can tak a hile for that to filter through to ebay but onc it shows as unpaid again you should be able to offer the mutual cancelation.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply