How to choose parcel selection for eBay

Hi Everyone! 

The picture below shows my option when I am shipping my items (shoes) on eBay. If I would like to ship in the Extra Large satchel, which one would i choose? If I want to ship in the large Auspost box, do I select the Large Satchel selection??

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why would you want to choose an Extra Large satchel for sending shoes? Most shoes will fit in a Small satchel (and a LOT cheaper)  and at a push for something like boots, you may need a Medium one - but Extra Large?

Edit: I've just seen your other question, but my comment still applies.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Upon further thought, these boots - are they ankle height, knee height or over knee height? Because that will make a huge difference to the size satchel you will need. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Whenever I've bought shoes they have simply been posted in their original box. I reused the latest box (Saucony runners) and when I pulled off the old address label etc I noticed the postage price on the Australia Post label was $12.20.

Once I'd pulled off original labels and packing tape the box looked a bit messy so I wrapped it in brown paper - something the shoe seller could have done had he been concerned that the contents of his parcel were clearly labelled on his parcel.

(no reason why you couldn't use any shoe box to post if original not available)

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

My boots are mostly Chelsea boots or 6-8 eyelets boots so they are pretty bulky and wouldnt fit in the large satchel. I received shoes in the "Large" satchels which their measurements turned out to be Extra large. But normal trainers I could fit in the large ones

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Use the Extra Large Box option. It should be the same price as the Extra Large Satchel. eBay have not updated their software properly when Aust Post moved to 5kg limits on all their standard satchels and boxes.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

hey how do you ship shoe boxes? Which satchel/box did you find that fits and is the most economically viable one?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply