How to sell piano for around $1675 in an auction listing?

I just had a piano listed for 10 days under the buy it now/best offer listing.The buy it now price was $1755.

I had 9 watchers and only 1 offer that was too low.It didnt sell.I now have to relist it and try to make sure I sell it this time.I'm going to try for a reduced price and as an auction listing.If I list its starting price to low it could end up getting very few bids and be sold too low.I cant afford to sell it cheap.Its supposed to be buy it now price is 30% less than the starting price.

I could need help here.I sold another brand of piano several weeks ago and that sold on a buy it now/best offer listing and I got a good price and the buyer paid freight.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have two options ..

start your auction listing at $1675 - or sell it buy it now at $1675. If you want to do  an auction with buy it now, then the buy it now has to be 30% more than the auction start price, and in an item of generally low interest, anyone wanting to buy would place a bid at the end and not use the buy it now as there is unlikely to be more than one bidder.

It is pretty hard to sell piano's so you may just have to perservere for a few weeks, and perhaps lower the price slightly if you don't get a buyer after the first couple of goes. Buyers will only pay what it's worth (to them) anyway so having too much of a fixed idea of the price you *must* get may mean you don't sell for a long time. Which is fine if you're prepared to wait. But if you want to sell quickly, then the price is what you need to consider altering to meet the market.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You have two options ..

start your auction listing at $1675 - or sell it buy it now at $1675. If you want to do  an auction with buy it now, then the buy it now has to be 30% more than the auction start price, and in an item of generally low interest, anyone wanting to buy would place a bid at the end and not use the buy it now as there is unlikely to be more than one bidder.

It is pretty hard to sell piano's so you may just have to perservere for a few weeks, and perhaps lower the price slightly if you don't get a buyer after the first couple of goes. Buyers will only pay what it's worth (to them) anyway so having too much of a fixed idea of the price you *must* get may mean you don't sell for a long time. Which is fine if you're prepared to wait. But if you want to sell quickly, then the price is what you need to consider altering to meet the market.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you.

I finally made a complete new listing for auction.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply