How to stop "cancel order" request ?

Hi,

Sold an item however received no response from buyer.

I then submitted a "cancel order" request. Sometime after, the buyer pays for the item. I then ship this.

My concern is now, the status appears to still be in effect and eBay will proceed with refunding the money to the buyer after a short time. There is no option to stop this request.

Please help? thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When a buyer fails to pay inside the allotted time then the best thing to do is to raise an unpaid item dispute rather than a cancellation. Doing this puts you, the seller, in control, not the buyer.

Since the buyer has not specifically requested a cancellation, then in the absence of any correspondence from the buyer you leave yourself open to a defect.

If you use the UID process then if the buyer pays after it has been opened the dispute automatically closes and you need to do no more but ship the item as normal.

If they still dont pay then you can either close the case manually yourself after 4 days or ebay will close it depending on your settings and you will get back your fees (FVF only).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Mark it as paid, and posted, should stop the request

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply however this is no option as such.

Other option is to unmarked as paid?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

When a buyer fails to pay inside the allotted time then the best thing to do is to raise an unpaid item dispute rather than a cancellation. Doing this puts you, the seller, in control, not the buyer.

Since the buyer has not specifically requested a cancellation, then in the absence of any correspondence from the buyer you leave yourself open to a defect.

If you use the UID process then if the buyer pays after it has been opened the dispute automatically closes and you need to do no more but ship the item as normal.

If they still dont pay then you can either close the case manually yourself after 4 days or ebay will close it depending on your settings and you will get back your fees (FVF only).

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

My repeat buyer who went AWOL surfaced yesterday saying she "forgot". Funny how she was still buying and paying for other items and didn't notice mine in her purchase history. She made no mention of wanting to pay for them, so I'll let the cancellation run its course. Thankfully this order was only for about $30, not 3, 4 or 5 hundred like the last few.

The other buyer who I opened the UPI on paid, which is great. Their item is on its way.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

well in this case it is marked as paid and posted so the cancelation transaction should automatically close, have had this happen ourselves in the past.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply