How to take out/delete "make an offer" from an item

cddlb
Community Member

I have been making dreats of my items and with some of them I chose to also use the "Make an offer" key.  Since then I have changed my mind and have been able to remove ti from most of the items befor listing them,  There is one that does not bring up the  :make an offer" so that I can remove it.  I do not quite remember how I did it but it was not a hasltle at the time.  Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

This is on eBay US, but perhaps it's also appropriate for sellers on eBay Australia...?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

cddlb, I hope you'll excuse my clumsy help - I'm a buyer, not a seller.

I just went to My eBay > Sell, and created a draft to test this.

You see where it says "Latest drafts" at the bottom? Click onto "complete" of the draft you want to change.

(Don't click onto "switch back to quicklisting tool". Leave on Advanced.)

Scroll down to Selling details.

Selling details

Format       FIXED PRICE
Select how you want to sell the items you're listing.
Duration:          30 days

Select how long your listing will run. If your item doesn't sell, you can choose to relist it.

Listings renew automatically every 30 days, based on the listing terms at that time, until all quantities sell or the listing ends. Each time a listing renews and when an item sells, you’ll be charged applicable fees.
☐ Start my listings when I submit them
Schedule to start on ..... AEST
Price
Buy It Now price AU $45
Best Offer   Increase your chances of selling by allowing buyers to negotiate a price. You can choose to accept, decline or make a counteroffer.
Let buyers make offers. Being flexible with your price may help your item sell faster

Automatically accept offers of at least  
Automatically decline offers lower than  AU $40

You see where "Let buyers make offers" has been enabled? Disable it by clicking onto the check box.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

No apology needed.  I usually use both the auction and the fixed price set up and that is how I am fairly sure I have done them all.   When I put in the BIN price yes the option was there to check the make an offer box  but it showed unchecked so was not able to cancell it.  Will go away and play.  I do think that in this one instance I will need to start again - oh well thems the breaks.

Your answer above did answer one question for me when I tried to do only BIN and I found I had to use a starting price.  So thanks for that answer you did not know you had given me!!   The changes eBay have made since I was last on the site some 4 years ago are massive and I seem to have questions which ever way I turn.

Thnak you very much for your assistance in this matter.  Cheers   🙂

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

cddlb
Community Member
Should be DRAFTS of my items 🙂

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

This is on eBay US, but perhaps it's also appropriate for sellers on eBay Australia...?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you Contessalmirena.  I do not understand this - it looks as though it is an item already listed.  Mine are still in the draft stage.  I have removed it from a couple of ther drafts but when I look at the "preview your item'  screen it is showing Make an offer,  I want to remove it before I actually list the item.  🙂

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

sorry I did not notice the arrow. As I thought it is for something already listed.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

A little more googling, and it seems that you will need to change your profile to Advanced listing instead of "quick" listing.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I started out in quick listing or something else then moved accross to advanced listing.  Maybe that was after I had already prepared the draft - makes a difference?  So I would need to start again completely with this particular item?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

cddlb, I hope you'll excuse my clumsy help - I'm a buyer, not a seller.

I just went to My eBay > Sell, and created a draft to test this.

You see where it says "Latest drafts" at the bottom? Click onto "complete" of the draft you want to change.

(Don't click onto "switch back to quicklisting tool". Leave on Advanced.)

Scroll down to Selling details.

Selling details

Format       FIXED PRICE
Select how you want to sell the items you're listing.
Duration:          30 days

Select how long your listing will run. If your item doesn't sell, you can choose to relist it.

Listings renew automatically every 30 days, based on the listing terms at that time, until all quantities sell or the listing ends. Each time a listing renews and when an item sells, you’ll be charged applicable fees.
☐ Start my listings when I submit them
Schedule to start on ..... AEST
Price
Buy It Now price AU $45
Best Offer   Increase your chances of selling by allowing buyers to negotiate a price. You can choose to accept, decline or make a counteroffer.
Let buyers make offers. Being flexible with your price may help your item sell faster

Automatically accept offers of at least  
Automatically decline offers lower than  AU $40

You see where "Let buyers make offers" has been enabled? Disable it by clicking onto the check box.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

No apology needed.  I usually use both the auction and the fixed price set up and that is how I am fairly sure I have done them all.   When I put in the BIN price yes the option was there to check the make an offer box  but it showed unchecked so was not able to cancell it.  Will go away and play.  I do think that in this one instance I will need to start again - oh well thems the breaks.

Your answer above did answer one question for me when I tried to do only BIN and I found I had to use a starting price.  So thanks for that answer you did not know you had given me!!   The changes eBay have made since I was last on the site some 4 years ago are massive and I seem to have questions which ever way I turn.

Thnak you very much for your assistance in this matter.  Cheers   🙂

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Go to the draft and on the right hand side should be Edit and once you click on that you should be able to

change anything in the listing,good.gif

I have my page set to classic view,(so don't know if that makes a difference):

http://my.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:M...

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply