How will buyers get their packages from this week onwards?

Just looking for people's thoughts.

My sales do not seem to have been impacted so far with this terrible virus going around and I'm still getting a good mix of both domestic and international sales.

However, with so many commercial flights now being grounded, I'm wondering how our packages are going get to the buyers going forward from Monday. Domestic flights are almost non-existant, so perhaps items will be sent via a mix of trains and trucks?

For international buyers, do you think items will be sent on cargo planes (if they aren't already)?

I guess just trying to figure out if I should halt international sales for now and add extra handling time on for everything.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Unless you send express Aust. Post uses road transport. 

Mail networks are essential services that are kept open.

International uses dedicated freight planes so would be different than commercial. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Commercial passenger flights are being grounded but so far the freight flights are still going ahead.

My thoughts are that they will continue normally unless/until demand falls.

The biggest problem I can see with international sales are the policies of the other countries.....are they accepting mail from overseas.

Most internal mail has always been via road so little difference there.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I have been wondering if post offices are even going to remain open from Tuesday onwards. I don't think I have seen them mentioned in the list of stores that will be available.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Australia Post remains fully operational

22 March 2020

Australia Post today reiterated it remains fully operational across Australia during government restrictions on non-essential activity.

Posties, delivery drivers and Post Offices will continue to operate.

To date, there are no confirmed cases in the Australian workforce of more than 80,000 people.

Customers can be assured they will continue to be able to send and receive parcels and mail, pay bills and use Bank@Post during this time.

What will stay open during virus shutdown

• Supermarkets
  • Petrol stations
  • Banks
  • Pharmacies
  • Post offices
  • Convenience stores
  • Freight and logistics operations

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

You forgot EBAY.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah, for some reason the Prime Minister's address did not mention ebay Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I was at the post office this morning.

Life is going on, thankfully.

There is no word (either verbal or notices) that hours are going to change or of a complete shut down.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

At the moment Australia Post is operating as usual.

Their internal changes were put into effect last week but they do not affect opening hours.

The main changes are in contact with the general public.....all parcels will be Safe Dropped....no signatures will be collected as all deliveries will be marked with Authority to Leave.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply