I can't believe they actually did it....

I never saw this announced, or discussed here, but going through some information re: eBay's seller support during covid-19, I found this:

Holiday Mode Support

To support our seller community in these challenging times, we're waiving store subscription fees for sellers who need to put their store into holiday mode until the end of June. Read the Terms & Conditions below.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/covid-19-holiday-mode-support

butter my butt and call me a biscuit.gif

Hope this helps someone. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

With virtually unlimited listings, why would you?

My sales are running at triple my new listings. I'm more worried about getting enough stock. Of which none of my suppliers are trading.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

You get sick, you have to take care of someone else who's sick, you sell party / wedding supplies....any number of reasons, really. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

You get sick, you have to take care of someone else who's sick, you sell party / wedding supplies....any number of reasons, really. 

Or you get sick of having to take care of someone else's party and wedding supplies.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

Or you get sick of having to take care of someone else's party and wedding supplies.

Smiley LOL

There's definitely that, too. I know I would, especially if said party supplies were not costumes I could fancy around in at work. 

Spoiler
Speaking of party supplies, I saw this for sale recently - can anyone tell me why there would be a need for such a thing? o_O  It's listed as a balloon measuring tool

what in tarnation.PNG
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@tazzieterror wrote:

Smiley LOL

There's definitely that, too. I know I would, especially if said party supplies were not costumes I could fancy around in at work. 

Spoiler
Speaking of party supplies, I saw this for sale recently - can anyone tell me why there would be a need for such a thing? o_O  It's listed as a balloon measuring tool

what in tarnation.PNG

Achieving a result like that shown below proably requires a degree of consistency in size.  A balloon supplier might also want to control the size if filling with helium and working to a budget.

Spoiler
bln.jpg

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yeah that makes sense 🙂 (My convoluted, non-rational brain concentrated on the "measuring" descriptor, and I kept thinking of people blowing up balloons and then testing them to see which hole they fit, like "ok, I guess that's a small 'un" Smiley LOL Smiley LOL , but of course you'd put the deflated balloon inside then fill until it reaches the diameter of the hole  Smiley Embarassed). 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

My sales are running at triple my new listings. I'm more worried about getting enough stock. Of which none of my suppliers are trading.

Same, but luckily I hoard* stock and have a massive backlog, so I'm unlikely to run out unless this goes on for more than a year ...

*I am not a seller of toilet rolls, hand sanitiser, rice, pasta or masks. Don't come for me Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply