I cannot list Item, stays draft.

I have created an auction listing,

When I submit I get a page "Request higher selling limits" "Here are some ways to list more items on eBay. Select one to continue."

Only way to continue is with selection "Verify through Customer Service" or the displayed Back button

After click Continue button page says...

"Unfortunately, you're not currently eligible for a selling limit increase.You may need to build up your selling history or wait until your current monthly limit is reset before you can request another increase to your selling limits. Learn more  Done "

or

click Back button goes back to my ebay, where selling overview shows item listing as draft

**bleep** is going on, it used to be so easy.

I have been selling for years, but not since 2016, I have verified my details again as requested

Thanks

Ebay submit_1.jpg

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>" sign up for Managed Payments"\

That likely it, I will check back tomorrow

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How long and how much you sold before 2016 does not matter to eBay

Like everyone else who has not sold in a while, you re considered a 'new' seller by eBay

And 6 years may as well be 106 years to eBay

How long ago did you fully complete sign up for Managed Payments?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

>" sign up for Managed Payments"\

That likely it, I will check back tomorrow

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just testing the Wot The Fudge NannyBot...

W_T_F                   | Yay it works

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

All sellers have had to sign up for Managed Payments since 2020.

You say you have verified your details, but have you gone through the ID and bank verification steps? It can take a few days for the verification process to happen.

Secondly, as you are an infrequent seller, there can be substantial limits put on your account until you rebuild trust between Ebay, yourself and buyers. These limits can/will include:

1) funds being on hold for up to 30 days, even though you will still need to post within your handling time with tracking.

2) A dollar limit. If you're looking to list a high value item, that could be a problem. 

3) An item limit ie: only 10 items allowed until you're re-established

What is the $ value of the item you're trying to list?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Verified both ID & Bank today.

Item is 200$

I can wait.

I just wish they(ebay) would say it clearly like " We are sorry but you have to wait for the verification process before listing your item, please try again later" or  " Due  to the item value we need to verify some your details".

But that just too polite or helpful for a big business.  AI is often perceived as AS (Artificial Stupidity) from a user perspective.

I am happy to wait & try tomorrow or Munday so no stress.

Thanks for helping.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ok, I just had a finger chat with ebay help & they advised  was due to long time no selling (6 years) & they were most helpful.

I now have 100 items or 5k$ limit

Thanks ebay support

cheers

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply