I don't understand what Sendle is

I sold an item and it tells me to send via Sendle

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your Royal Albert says you will send via Aust Post......do so, and ignore eBay's favourite sender, who no-one else prefers......just click-bait!

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It gives you OPTION to use Sendle. It is not a requirement, in fact it is a detriment.

Post using your advertised method.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It does not tell you to send via Sendle

That is one of the options shown

They are a courier broker

If you do not know who they are, don't use them

Or read the hundreds of posts on the forum about what they are

And then don't use them

Did you sign up and be verified for Managed Payments before you sold?

And read the 30 hold on funds?

And the other obligations of a seller?

You need to know and do all those things before you worry about what Sendle is

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

As others have said, you advertised Australia Post so use Australia Post.

But unlike others,  don't be scared of sendle (broker),  the system works,  I have less issues with parcels received via Sendle (their agents), than Australia Post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

HI,

Logistics industry professional here. Don't use Sendle. Unreliable collection service, poor delivery success and little actual support. Their packaging restrictions are quite frustrating too. Biggest issue with using any courier service to residential address (and 95% of Ebay purchases are to these) is if nobody is home and the delivery is carded, the collection point is often obscure and inconvenient to get to. Unlike a post office which everyone knows where it is. 

Use Australia Post where ever possible and then turn to Pack and Send if it is really bulky. Always use Australia Post if arranging returns unless it is impossible, if packages are smaller people can drop them in a post box, ultimate in convenience. Nobody is waiting around for a collection by Sendle.

Lastly, Sendle seem to be on a rate cutting exercise. This is very concerning. Are their drivers being fairly compensated? Currently freight rates are being hit very hard with a higher fuel levy on the mainstream carriers. This is also impacting maintenance and support costs. Sendle are showing charges for any fuel levy as part of the pricing model, so if fuel goes up, drivers will be most likely carrying that burden. The fact they are advertising now, revised lowered rates screams exploitation.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I agree with everything you've stated. 

Carriers such as Sendle can very dangerous for the seller to use. In my experience, they were using CouriersPlease to do my non-printer pickups I was sending at one stage but would consistently fail to pick-up over, sometimes, very long periods. Extremely unreliable. CouriersPlease, the Sendle subcontractor, would never leave a receipt as a proof of pick-up. Items would get lost in their system for days. (They'd also fail to scan items into their system. Incompetence.)  Sendle would deny the "lost" claim, then the parcel would inexplicably show up at my client's door. But if it hadn't shown up they'd have taken zero responsibility. The problem is, of course, that if you're not at home when the courier arrives to pick-up there's no proof of pick-up in the form of a receipt. It could've been anyone wandering up to your porch, looking around and seeing the parcel and then stealing it. When you arrive home the parcel is gone but you don't have any proof it was the courier who, in fact, collected it. 

That's a major flaw in their system which they took no steps whatsoever to correct. If a receipt was left there'd be peace of mind for the sender that it was actually picked up and on the way, not stolen

I agree that if you've nominated Australia Post as the carrier, just stick to your plan and carry on through. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply