I had an item listed for $60, received an offer of $30. I did NOT accept this offer.

I had an item listed for $60, i received an offer for $30.

I did not accept the offer of $30, in fact it all happened whilst i was not on my computer.

The "buyer" went ahead and paid me the $30 of which i DID NOT accept

So now my status says i have send her the item!!!

I did not ok the purchases price of $30

Has this happened to anyone else?

And if so what do i do and more importantly how i prevent this for happening again

Thanks for any information you can provide

francesca

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I had an item listed for $60, received an offer of $30. I did NOT accept this offer.

cezm
Community Member

@francapossum127 wrote:

I did not accept the offer of $30, in fact it all happened whilst i was not on my computer.

And if so what do i do and more importantly how i prevent this for happening again

francesca

Previously ebay have added accept offer to my listings, and auto accept.

Now I add accept offer at a price just lower than the BIN so I don't get any surprises.

Sorry, I'm not sure what your best course of action is now - possibly to explain to the buyer and cancel the sale - and check all your other listings

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay has been putting Best Offer on my listings every night and every night I have to remove it. They also put an auto acceptance at half the amount you have listed, so this means buyers dont need your ok.

This is what has happened to you.

Not sure whether you should cancel the sale? Hopefully someone else will be along soon to help.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for the response but this should not be able to happen.  I do as you said it will look as though I cancelled the order and will get a black mark beside my name for not having stock and having to cancel on a customer.  Its a rort and between paying postage for all items sold, the time, the effort, the stationary, fees anc charges from ebay and Paypal Im not making a cent.  Tired and fed up with this all

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

maybe its easier to let the customer have the blasted wallett for 30 bucks and hope it never happens again 

@cezm wrote:

@francapossum127 wrote:

francesca

Now I add accept offer at a price just lower than the BIN so I don't get any surprises.

Sorry, I'm not sure what your best course of action is now - possibly to explain to the buyer and cancel the sale - and check all your other listings

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I can't believe they are still doing this - it's one of the most blatant and unethical cases of market interference they have ever engaged in. Smiley Mad

You could try live chat, they have been known to cancel transactions when eBay have interfered like this, and it would be good to try and get some assurance that any bad feedback from the buyer will be removed, since this is a result of eBay's meddling, rather than anything you did.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Surely you have built the postage & all costs/fees into the price of your items so that you can show an acceptable profit.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I cancelled the sale and refunded full payment to potential customer.  This is basically stealing.  Just not right

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

cezm
Community Member

@francapossum127 wrote:

francesca

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay has been putting Best Offer on my listings every night and every night I have to remove it. They also put an auto acceptance at half the amount you have listed, so this means buyers dont need your ok.

This is what has happened to you.

Not sure whether you should cancel the sale? Hopefully someone else will be along soon to help.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for the response but this should not be able to happen.  I do as you said it will look as though I cancelled the order and will get a black mark beside my name for not having stock and having to cancel on a customer.  Its a rort and between paying postage for all items sold, the time, the effort, the stationary, fees anc charges from ebay and Paypal Im not making a cent.  Tired and fed up with this all

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

maybe its easier to let the customer have the blasted wallett for 30 bucks and hope it never happens again 

@cezm wrote:

@francapossum127 wrote:

francesca

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I can't believe they are still doing this - it's one of the most blatant and unethical cases of market interference they have ever engaged in. Smiley Mad

You could try live chat, they have been known to cancel transactions when eBay have interfered like this, and it would be good to try and get some assurance that any bad feedback from the buyer will be removed, since this is a result of eBay's meddling, rather than anything you did.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Surely you have built the postage & all costs/fees into the price of your items so that you can show an acceptable profit.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I cancelled the sale and refunded full payment to potential customer.  This is basically stealing.  Just not right

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply