I have imported a colony of fire ants........

.........and when the colony is nicely established in my back yard I shall be staking honey glazed non-payers out over their burrow.......

................may need more than the one colony though.

Cat Frustrated

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Bit extreme for such a minor problem don't you think? Why not just use your buyer blocks t stop serial pests from buying your items.

I would keep the fire ants for those who perpetrate scams be they buyers or sellers.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Agree with PJ, going through the proper process, makes no difference on BIN's.

They were simply listings that ended with no buyers if you use the ebay system properly.

On auctions, well, once again if done properly many underbidders will take advantage of the second chance offer.

This comment is also for others reading here.

I hear what you are saying pooze but lets nail the real scum scammers of ebay. download (1).jpg

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Agree with PJ, going through the proper process, makes no difference on BIN's.

They were simply listings that ended with no buyers if you use the ebay system properly.

On auctions, well, once again if done properly many underbidders will take advantage of the second chance offer.

This comment is also for others reading here.

I hear what you are saying pooze but lets nail the real scum scammers of ebay. download (1).jpg

Agree kopes, but I think the real scammers are ebay themselves.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Horizon, I understand the cynicism but for one moment imagine the following.

You have just discovered ebay exists, and have started an account because you want to buy something.

You buy, it arrives, good price, all is well. 

You buy a few more items and ebay is good.

You then realize you can sell some items from your garage.

List a couple of items knowing it will cost around 10%, so that's included in the price and buyers come and pick up paying cash.

ebay is great.

My point is things evolve and yes, ebay is not the same as it was. But is still a good means of buying and selling some things.

I realize you see the potential if ebay was to rectify it's shortcomings, and there have been many, as well as conducting in a more conducive to it's members manner. But given the hazards with becoming famous, ebay has had to adapt to the unscrupulous taking advantage by members and the unfortunate change of a so called new approach management appearing to be only concerned with the bottom line.

It's still not a bad site for occasional buyers n sellers.

I don't think ebay was ever meant to be a place for businesses, it began as a place for bargains from individuals like a garage sale.

And therein lies the problem, too many expectations from buyers or sellers with ebay will surely disappoint. It should only ever be regarded as a means of what it was initially intended to do no matter how marketers try to present ebay.

Doing the homework, one soon realizes not to take ebay too seriously, more like a modern day trading post and as with any online transaction, Caveat Emptor.

(Having said that, perhaps ebay ARE laughing all the way to the bank and I am somewhat naive, the rotten scammers) Smiley Wink

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I've replied to you Kopes, but also agree with what PJ & Horizon said. I'm somtimes tempted to come back to sell here, but am put off by a lot of the things I read about problem buyers & what they do. You know, the ones that are taking advantage of the newish policies that makes getting their money back so easily. And then there's the defective defect system that is such a minefield. Maybe I'm being a bit too cautious, because the category I could list in doesn't seem to attract many scammers. For the time being I'm happy to sell the gold I find, offline, but I might change my mind one day & come back here to sell it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply