I have listed an item for sale & I have a sponsored ad on my item ad page????How do I remove it?

I have listed an item for sale and when I look up my ad there is a sponsored link to somebody competing with me ??? Piggy backing on my ad?? Ad choice can I remove it from my ad?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have listed an item for sale & I have a sponsored ad on my item ad page????How do I remove it?

Unfortunately you can't remove it. eBay now plasters adverts all over the site.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

try editing your cross promotions

My Ebay >Account > Marketing tools > Promote Similar Items

Promote Similar Items

You can choose to have your items promoted with other sellers' similar items on certain eBay pages and in emails. This benefits all sellers because it gives all the items more exposure and increases bidding on eBay.

Top of Form

Promote my items with other sellers' items in the following areas:

End of item notices for unsuccessful bidders

Watch notification emails and My eBay Items I'm Watching

Closed item page for unsuccessful bidders

Closed item page for visitors

Checking the box means that you would like to display items from other sellers and get the following benefits:

 Your items will be showcased on other sellers' similar listings

 Unsuccessful bidders or visitors will be directed to your listings

Un-checking the box means that you do NOT want to display items from other sellers and that:

 Your items will NOT be showcased on other sellers' similar listings

 Unsuccessful bidders or visitors will NOT be directed to your listings

Bottom of Form

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Also under SELLING PREFERENCES see this bit

Advertising PreferencesShowadvertising preferences 
Change your participation in eBay's AdChoice program.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Never noticed that before - thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Also under SELLING PREFERENCES see this bit

Advertising PreferencesShowadvertising preferences 
Change your participation in eBay's AdChoice program.

That just stops eBay from using your browser history to tailor the ads to your 'preferences'. They'll still show up on all listings for anyone that doesn't have adblock, they just won't be as targeted. 

The cross-promotion one means other seller's items won't appear at the top of the seller's description with the 'people who shopped for this item also looked at..." line - unfortunately, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do to remove the 3rd party ads from their listings, only hope most people will have an adblock extension on their browser.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

well anything is better than nothing - I find all those ads annoying too

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

uhnfortunately you cannot just 'remove ' it but....

on the bright side, your ad will be popping up on other sellers pages too!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I don't think my ad will. I noticed also as I scroll to the bottom of the ad page, that this same seller is considered as a sponsored advertiser. They might pay for the privilege to hijack other peoples adverts? 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply