I have sold an item and buyer requested me to arrange for parcel to be left on front verandah

so how do I go about arranging this one . Just ask at the Post Office when I post it or do I write a message on the front of the parcel . I am also thinking what if the parcel goes missing and how will i be covered ,should I take a pic of the actual parcel once tracking etc has been attached at Post office. Have never had this request before.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have sold an item and buyer requested me to arrange for parcel to be left on front verandah

It's a tricky one, if you comply with her request you may open yourself up to a dispute for INR if the parcel goes missing from her verandah. 

Personally, I would explain this to the buyer in a polite way, and ask her to respond to you agreeing that she does this at her own risk (may not hold water with eBay but it is worth a try), and make sure you send with tracking so that you can prove delivery if the worst does happen.  I guess then, just a note in the delivery instructions section on the parcel label should be sufficient. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Even if you write this request on the parcel there is no guarantee that AP won't just leave it on top of her letter box as most parcels are delivered by "contractors" who refuse point blank to wall past the footpath.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you have tracking and some form of proof of lodgement then as a seller you have seller protection regardless of how/when it does not show up.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

All you can do is write on the parcel, please leave on front verandah, don't card - or something similar.

I don't have any problem with posties or AP contractors where I live, they always come to the door first, then card if no-one home.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply