I'm having trouble logging in to eBay too many security checks

For the past couple of weeks evertime i log in on my PC im asked to verifiy myself using the  "Recapure" ( where an image is displayed and you are asked to tick boxes identifing a certain element within the pic) .If i have to address a INR and its a US customer (been happening alot lately dont think the yanks know there is a pandemic and mail deliveries a almost at a standstill ) the whole procees is repeated again ,then asked to log in with user and password again ,  Its dam anoying as I'm on and of ebay quite a few times a day  , surely they must know who i am by now ! Tried to call ebay customer service but  the link is also missing

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried the usual fix for login loops, clearing cache and cookies and rebooting your computer ?

I'm using Firefox and Chrome for eBay and have never had that happen to me.

Spoiler
...........fingers crossed............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I've noticed the same thing - I've had to log-in a lot more frequently the past few weeks and also complete the security challenge more often.

I put it down to a change in my browsing habits as I've been comparing different web browsers lately, and that's probably enough of a change in behaviour for eBay's systems to want authentication.

It also wouldn't surprise me if all these lockdowns across the world have led to an uptick in malicious online behaviour, and eBay are simply tightening requirements as a precaution.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks ,I have tried that but did not solve the issue
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

If anyone that is having these issues is using Chrome, there is an update available, and I urge you to update. I was having similar log in issues and the update fixed it (I had already done the chookies cache clearing thing).

I couldn't do anything as I was constantly having to log in. Refreshing the page would take me to log in. Relisting an item, Id have to log in and then when I hit submit, I had to log in again. It drove me absolutely bonkers, especially when the capture thing started too.

Please let us know if that works.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Happening to me too. So frustrating. Everytime I want to 'sell similar', revise , end an item, you have to go through the whole login rigmariole over and over. 

I haven't been comparing different browsers, but it is happeniong on the different browsers that I use for different IDs. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

If anyone that is having these issues is using Chrome, there is an update available, and I urge you to update. I was having similar log in issues and the update fixed it (I had already done the chookies cache clearing thing).

I couldn't do anything as I was constantly having to log in. Refreshing the page would take me to log in. Relisting an item, Id have to log in and then when I hit submit, I had to log in again. It drove me absolutely bonkers, especially when the capture thing started too.

I seem to have auto-updates selected on Chrome (the same as Firefox) so maybe that's why I'm not getting this Tippy.

"scratches head"

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I thought I did too, but it seems I didn't. Although, most updates occur when you restart your browser, and as I could have Chrome open for 3-4 months without a reboot, it didn't get a chance to update. I also use Opera and it seems to update (I think).

I stopped using Firefox. Massive memory hog on my ancient windoze 7 computer (It's nearly 12 years old).

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

This is SO frusrtrating. I've just had to change my passwsord twice in quick succession using the same browser that I've always used and on the same PC. So over this . Rant over. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Ha, now over the last couple of days I've been having to log each day on Chrome - Firefox is OK at this stage.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply