I need to test software but not on my actual store

Hi there,

I have a store with just under 3,000 listings.  I want to begin testing Inkfrog to manage my listings but I don't want to just dive in and link it to my actual store.

I need a safe environment to test without screwing my store up.  I signed up for a sandbox account but I can not make heads nor tails of it.  Should I just setup a dummy account, put in a couple of items at vastly inflated prices and test that way?

I asked the support chat, completely clueless in this regard

Cheers

Denis

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can have multiple eBay accounts and have 8 eBay accounts linked to PayPal.

Each eBay account just needs a separate email account.

So if it doesn't need to be an eBay store account then yes open another eBay account and give it a try.

You can always keep one for selling and one for buying.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@p9games wrote:

I need a safe environment to test without screwing my store up.  I signed up for a sandbox account but I can not make heads nor tails of it.  Should I just setup a dummy account, put in a couple of items at vastly inflated prices and test that way?

If you set up a new account, you will have limited listings to play around with, but you don't need to create fake listings at inflated prices - just use test listings. (I may be wrong, but I believe sandbox accounts are for those with programming ability that want to create apps or other software using API). 

Rules for test listings are available here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/test-listings-policy?id=5039

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

really appreciate the support

@digital*ghost wrote:

@p9games wrote:

If you set up a new account, you will have limited listings to play around with, but you don't need to create fake listings at inflated prices - just use test listings. (I may be wrong, but I believe sandbox accounts are for those with programming ability that want to create apps or other software using API). 

Rules for test listings are available here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/test-listings-policy?id=5039

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply