I sell my second-hand staffs in eBay. However, eBay treated seller so unfair.

vveiii
Community Member

I sold a second-hand shoes to a buyer, the buyer insists to abuse my shoes. (I know, it not suitable to use abuse in here. I like my shoes, but everything she said just aims to kill/destroy my shoes).

The reason for her to do so is to ask the return.

The most increditable thing is she even ask me return it including postage. 

After the negotiation, this issues was moved to customer service to settle. 

Now, eBay charged me full refund to her and does not return me the shoes. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.

Also, when the buyer charged the item I sold to her have some damage, I asked her to provide me some pictures as support her claim. However, she refused to reply me and refused to provide pictures.

Because if the item is worn by her, I do not think it can be resell or relist even the item I sell is second-hand.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@vveiii wrote:

I sold a second-hand shoes to a buyer, the buyer insists to abuse my shoes. (I know, it not suitable to use abuse in here. I like my shoes, but everything she said just aims to kill/destroy my shoes).

The reason for her to do so is to ask the return.

The most increditable thing is she even ask me return it including postage. 

After the negotiation, this issues was moved to customer service to settle. 

Now, eBay charged me full refund to her and does not return me the shoes. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.

Also, when the buyer charged the item I sold to her have some damage, I asked her to provide me some pictures as support her claim. However, she refused to reply me and refused to provide pictures.

Because if the item is worn by her, I do not think it can be resell or relist even the item I sell is second-hand.

I, personally, would be wary listing staff. I'm fairly sure slavery is illegal.

As for the rest, you might lke to look at eBay's Money Back Guarantee, whereby eBay guarantee a satisfactory result for the buyer, regardess of the law.

You might look at complaints through the ACCC, or possibly the FOS, depnding on the circmstances, which are not clear.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I, personally, would be wary listing staff. I'm fairly sure slavery is illegal.

What about stavery? 😛 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Fortunately if a buyer claims there is a peroblem with the item you have two choices, refund buyer and let them keep item, or pay t get it back. Buyer does not need to prove anything.

This is Ebays new desperate Money Back Guarantee (MBG) system brought in to combat buyers choosing to shop elsewhere instead of Ebay.

Even if any damage was caused by the buyer it makes no difference, buyer is assumed to be right.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes "lane-ends" the default position of ebay is that the buyer is always right and the seller is always wrong no matter what the track history of either party demonstrates to the contrary.

This is the primary reason we are now heavily concentrating on shifting the focus of our selling away from the ebay platform with a longer term view to close out altogether. We are in the early stages of doing this and so far it looks promising.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Well, I bet ebay has just lost another small seller.

Look at VVeiu, with a zero rating.

She hoped to make a little bit of pocket money by selling some second hand shoes. And what has happened? She has virtually given away the shoes, plus she has actively lost money she spent on postage, plus she has had to pay ebay and paypal fees.

She won't be in any hurry to use ebay again & what is more, she will probably tell her friends about her experience.

I suppose ebay will get its wish-a lot of small sellers who get burnt like this will look elsewhere to sell & ebay will be left with mainly the big players.

vveiu, try gumtree or facebook (although neither will be great for small items like shoes) or a rotary community market in your area. At least then the money you make will be yours to keep & no nasty come backs.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply