I’ve got scam buyer

Hi everyone,

I need your help. When I post my items the scammers click buy it now, and haven’t paid yet. Couple days later eBay removed my list. Because of this buyer authorized using account. I report it and blocked, but he/she’s still using different account to click buy it now. I have this problem again and again. When I looked at the message that he/she wrote on it showing the same what’s app number and message contents. So I recognize that he/she is the same person as eBay removed it before. It’s lost my time for advertising for real buyer because just these people want to get my stuff for free. I have to input information manually again and again over a week. Could you please give me the advice If someone click buy it now. What should I do? Could I ignore it but I have two days to respond also if I’m not excepting what will effect on my credit? If I cancel order but it doesn’t have an option to match with this situation. 
Could you please help me for this situation?

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I’ve got scam buyer

You should make your items Buy It Now with Immediate Payment activated/ticked.

You can also add the buyer ID into your Blocked Buyers list.

Unfortunately, you are an inexperienced seller and your items are a magnet for scammers, so you may want to rethink if you're willing to take the risk.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

Just to add - even if a scammer pays, there's nothing to stop them opening a case for "Not As Described" and saying that it is counterfeit to get their money back. Ebay will side with the buyer, as you will find it very difficult to prove otherwise, even if you have receipts. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I’ve got scam buyer

You should make your items Buy It Now with Immediate Payment activated/ticked.

You can also add the buyer ID into your Blocked Buyers list.

Unfortunately, you are an inexperienced seller and your items are a magnet for scammers, so you may want to rethink if you're willing to take the risk.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

Just to add - even if a scammer pays, there's nothing to stop them opening a case for "Not As Described" and saying that it is counterfeit to get their money back. Ebay will side with the buyer, as you will find it very difficult to prove otherwise, even if you have receipts. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

Thanks so much for your advice. I might to think about that. It’s so often he/she using different account try to buy my items. 
thanks again for your advice

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

I was thinking the same thing that if they purchased my items they might open case to say my items is counterfeit. 
I don’t want to get a risk and deal with this kind of situation. 
thanks again for your advice 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

On my other account buyers have to pay straight away for my "buy it now" listings :(, which means I'm unable to send them an invoice for multiple purchases, to save them on postage.

I've lost about 4 sales coz of that.

Signatures suck.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

You could temporarily disable immediate payment if you trust a buyer. I once asked a seller (who had said she combined postage but also had IP enabled) when I noticed that after buying items they were not among my purchased items. Well, I didn't really know why this was happening at the time, but she understood and said she had disabled IP for the items I intended to buy, so I could buy them and she could send me an invoice for combined postage.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

In the case of combined purchases,  when they ask me I just say purchase individually, then I refund the excess postage.   I normally split the cost of the additional fee's with the,   I guess my margins are big enough that the slight extra cost for me is minimal, especially when you consider the benefit of selling multiple items.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

@papermoon.lady wrote:

You could temporarily disable immediate payment if you trust a buyer. I once asked a seller (who had said she combined postage but also had IP enabled) when I noticed that after buying items they were not among my purchased items. Well, I didn't really know why this was happening at the time, but she understood and said she had disabled IP for the items I intended to buy, so I could buy them and she could send me an invoice for combined postage.

You could temporarily disable immediate payment if you trust a buyer.

I can't! It's set at default - Payments managed by ebay.

The box below is unchecked "requires immediate payment for buy it now."

Which is invalid, doesn't work

When a buyer clicks my buy it nows, they are prompted to buy straight away!

It annoys me that, say this seller in the OP can adjust payments, a young account, where is I can't.  My other account has clocked up quite a few sales, yeah.. I only just recently cranked it up after many years, but still, 100% positive feedback etc.

Some buyers I was able to communicate with, so i'd send them a partial refund for a postage discount, but others just won't.

Well.. it is a hassle.

Signatures suck.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I’ve got scam buyer

Maybe it changed because, as you said, payments are now managed by eBay...

I have no idea what she did because I have never sold anything, but it was before Managed Payments, maybe a couple of years ago...

I was not prompted to pay and actually had absolutely no idea why after clicking on BIN my items were not on my list of purchases. I normally pay straightaway, so it had never happened before...

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply