If I subscribe to store with the 80 fixed price listings for $19.95 per month do I

If I subscribe to store with the 80 fixed price listings for $19.95 per month do I still get 40 free auction listings as a non store operator

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If I subscribe to store with the 80 fixed price listings for $19.95 per month do I

No, the 40 free listings are only for non-store holders - but if you have any other IDs without a store, you are able to use them for the 40 free. 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

so if I start my store with a diferrent name that would work ??

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

No. The store is attached to your account. You would have to open another ID.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

so when they ask what you want to call your store, even if that is different it still links to my original user name, is that right ?>?  Also, thanks for your help

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Whichever ID you are logged in to and use to open the store will be the one that maintains it, so that ID will be the one that is no longer eligible for the 40 free. Any other ID that is not maintaining a store can access the 40 free.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks, I am still a bit confused, if I start a new user ID and setup as a store to start with can I continue to use my user name with a feedback score of 782 as an auction site and start from 0 feedback as the store ID ??

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

what you can do to get one lot of 40 free listings in a month plus the 80 free for a store - so 120 in one month only -  is use up your 40 free listings for the month before you open a store.   When you open the store, then you have a further 80 free, to use for the month.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@available58 wrote:

Thanks, I am still a bit confused, if I start a new user ID and setup as a store to start with can I continue to use my user name with a feedback score of 782 as an auction site and start from 0 feedback as the store ID ??

Yes, you are able to have numerous eBay IDs, and they all operate independently of one another (they are not allowed to interact with each other at all).

For example, I have two main accounts - this one, which I use to buy things and sell some personal items with the 40 free listings, and another ID which operates a store - they don't interact or affect each other in any real way, except for the fact that because my other ID was an established selling account with a good record, my selling limits on this account were raised straight away - most new selling accounts, whether they have high feedback for buying or none, will have selling limits placed on them.

If you start a brand new ID, that will need a different email address to the one you use for this ID, and a different user name, but you can use all the other account information, name, contact details, same PayPal account and so forth. There are other requirements to opening a store, such as being a member for 14 days and having a credit card on file with eBay. It may be better to use this established ID for the store, and use the second ID for the 40 free listings.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply