If the only bidder on a Auction with Buy It Now retracts their bid, does the Buy It Now reappear?

I have someone who has bid on an item that has 5 days left.

They wanted to buy it now.

They're asking me to end early and tack on $5 to the shipping to cover the cost.

I am reluctant to do that obviously.

I want to ask them to cancel their bid. I'm happy to end and relist at the price so they can buy it now.

They're the only bidder, so if they cancel their bid, would the buy it now simply reappear?

TIA

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If the only bidder on a Auction with Buy It Now retracts their bid, does the Buy It Now reappear?

Yes you can end the auction to the highest bidder.

Or you can end the listing and then relist it at the BIN price and ask the buyer to go to the listing and buy it.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Good question, I have never tried it.

I assume it should as the listing would revert back to original.

Give it a try, if it doesn't reappear just revise adding the BIN again for the customer.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

How many watchers does this item have? Is it possible to get a higher price by letting the auction run its course?

Why didnt the bidder click BIN in the first place?

All seems a tad suspicious to me......  but then, I'm a suspicious gal most of the time LOL

Man LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I think sellers have to be these days. We need to cover our grasses because ebay sure won't if things go pear shaped 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The buyer is willing to pay the BIN price so unless OP thinks they might in fact receive more for it by letting the auction take its course than the original BIN price then by all means sell it for the price asked for.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes it is suss. There aren't any other watchers, though. They have a rating of over 4,500 and they didn't click right? Seems a bit weird, but I'm happy for them to cancel their bid.

I would rather they either wait and win the item (which they'll probably get for $10) or cancel their bid.

I don't particularly want to end the item early, though I'm pretty sure I won't get other bidders. It's not really a high ticket item.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

It's more that they're asking me to end it early and add the extra five bucks onto the shipping cost. I don't feel comfy doing that.

I won't get more bidders on the item. I'm pretty sure if they were happy waiting five days that they'd get it for 10 bucks.

To be honest part of me thinks they just wanted to float it and see if I'd just let them have it for $10 instead of stuffing around relisting.

I won't. 😉
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Sounds to me they want it for $15 but don't want to wait.

If it was me, I would end it early to them and add the $5 in an invoice.

That way you can use the ending early 5 days as the 4 days before opening an unpaid if they don't pay. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Sometimes people just don't want to wait. I've had people hit the buy it now button 5 minutes before an auction on the same item was due to finish. I have rather inflated BIN prices so I'm not sure why they wouldn't wait 5 minutes and get it way cheaper on auction.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply