Immediate payment/Best Offer

Hi there. I am one of the sellers with Immediate Payment forced on by Ebay and now also Best Offer. I have changed the Best Offer amount more to my liking. Anyway I sold an item last night with Best Offer and they didnt pay immediately! Does this mean if I make all my listings Best Offer I'll be able to combine postage and send invoices again?
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can sometimes figure out a more succinct and / or effective way to explain it, several hours later... sometimes my attempts to clarify makes things worse Smiley LOL

But if it helps, there is no checkout process attached to the make an offer feature. If a buyer sends you an offer, and you accept it, there's no way for eBay to force the buyer to checkout at that point, but the sale itself is still made.

If you have best offer on an item but the buyer still just uses Buy It Now at full price, immediate payment can be forced.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

No idea, but please let us know if that's the case as I too have had immediate payment forced on me. Thankfully, I've not had best offer forced on me...........yet.

Just watch the best offer if it's ebay that's forced it. Even if you set an amount, they will still randomly drop the agreed amount to half or less than your asking price.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Yes but with so many listings its hard to police it!
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Is the best offer being added to BIN listings or auction listings ?

I thought it was just a best offer added to auction listings.

image host
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

That's probably why they do it. They know sellers can't police it, so their plan to sell your stuff cheap works.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Mine are all BIN. The first one sold last night and I accepted the offer as it was something that was listed for a while. As it was in the middle of the night I cant remember if it gives the opportunity to decline.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I find this odd.  I have just looked at some of your listings, and none of the ones I saw said "immediate payment required"  I then checked out a few other sellers, looking for any that required immediate payment, and next to the Paypal logo, under "payment information" it is there, but definitely not on yours.  I don't have immediate payment selected either, yet some buyers had claimed they had to pay straight away.  I thought maybe eBay was targetting this to specific buyers, maybe because they were slow payers in the past. I have successfully been able to send a combined invoice to other sellers without any problem, except for a couple of times when they went ahead and paid, and I just refunded them part of the postage and combined the items, none of these had mentioned or complained that they were forced into immediate payment, so I just presumed they didn't know otherwise. Luckily, I haven't had a problem with eBay adding "best offer", although I have noticed, when listings come to an end and need to be relisted, that "best offer" is ticked by default, and I just go ahead and change it before I relist.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Just an added thought. You only have Paypal as payment and no other options. Could this have something to do with it? For instance, I have three options, so obviously someone picking up, or sending a money order could not pay immediately. I don't know how it worked out that I had one or two that said she had to pay straight away.  I also wonder if it has anything to do with people buying via their phones, which often seems to cause problems. I may be way off the track here, but who knows??

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I find it extremely odd too. I did a random check of my listings - the first three I looked at on the app had immediate payment then some didnt have it. I have always used the app to list until they started this best offer thing now I do a draft & photos on the app & finish on the classic site because the app doesnt allow you to put in certain details.Anyway, the immediate payment ones on the app dont say immediate payment on the classic site.Figure that out!
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

200 listings is a lot?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply