In a negative feedback, buyer claimed it was a wrongly zoned blu-ray. Didn't even contact for refund

Buyer left negative feedback with the comment "could have told me it wasn't compatible region for australia before i bought it". Didn't even contact me first to refund or replace the blu-ray. It was bought by an Australian and blu-ray was made in and for Australia. Buyer didn't respond to my emails to send it back. The way feedback works is wrong. Any buyer can claim anything and the seller can't prove otherwise when they are not given the chance. In a court of law, a person is assumed innocent until proven guilty. In eBay's feedback system, a seller is left at the mercy of the buyer who is victim, judge and jury and immune to any wrongful defamation of a seller's reputation.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

In a negative feedback, buyer claimed it was a wrongly zoned blu-ray. Didn't even contact for refund

Now i'm not on the buyers side but if it says region 4 and the dvd is region 4 then how is it not compatiable?, If the dvd isnt region 4 then it shouldnt be listed as region 4, it should be listed what region it says it is, some people don't have multi-region players or that buyer doesn't have a player that plays region 4. But then saying that, your listing can be 100% truthful and the buyer is just a nasty one, i dred the day i may get negative feedback especially if they don't contact you first.

I agree with what you are saying about court and how it's wrong about negative feedback, however ebay doesn't have enough man power to review feedback before allowing it to be posted, you have heaps of good feedback so don't try and let this 1 negative let you down, 1 negative feedback doesn't stop me from buying from a seller if the postive stands out more than the negative, which to me in your case it does in my opinion.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@fgp380 wrote:

The way feedback works is wrong. Any buyer can claim anything and the seller can't prove otherwise when they are not given the chance. In a court of law, a person is assumed innocent until proven guilty. In eBay's feedback system, a seller is left at the mercy of the buyer who is victim, judge and jury and immune to any wrongful defamation of a seller's reputation.

It's a bit yes and no - there is definitely no onus on buyers to prove any claims are true before leaving feedback, but you're not entirely at their mercy. If you believe that claims made in a feedback comment are false and likely to cause people to decide against purchasing from you, then you can request its removal on the grounds of defamation.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defamation.html

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/community/defam-form.html

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I think you can reply to their feedback and if I were you, I would. Don't waste any space commenting on them, just keep it factual to present your case as best you can in the few words available.

If i see negative feedback, I always read the seller's reply and if they seem a reasonable person, it doesn't stop me from buying from them.

Some buyers are drongos and quite often you can suss it out-like the one I saw who wrote 'A+++++++' then gave neutral.

Smiley Frustrated

But on the other hand, sellers can come out sounding unreasonable too at times, so how you word it is important.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I put a neutral feedback by accident on a persons product I baught due to not receiving the item yet.not knowing or understanding ebey so much...so my question is can I go back and change it to a positive feedback...were and how do I do this.help please.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@shanegabrielli2011 wrote:
I put a neutral feedback by accident on a persons product I baught due to not receiving the item yet.not knowing or understanding ebey so much...so my question is can I go back and change it to a positive feedback...were and how do I do this.help please.

I can't find where it says that a buyer can request a change of feedback for your exact situation, but it does say here to ring eBay, so maybe gove that a go?

Revising Feedback

Otherwise, you could contact the seller and let them know that you would like to change your feedback and ask them if they would like to send you a Request For Feedback Revision (Seller)

If they want to do that, then this is how you Revise a Seller's Feedback

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your support

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your answer
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply