In theory all sellers posting via letter rate could be shut down?

go-tazz
Community Member

With their famous glitches they could just say that all the answers to: did it arrive on or before the due date,

came up as no.

Their late shipment rate policy is wrong in that the transaction isn't rated on late shipment but on late delivery

for every item that doesn't have tracking,(which the seller has no control over if they've posted within their

handling time).

Tracking is more expensive especially if you don't use the eBay labels and that means more money for eBay

in FVF's off course,(they would be receiving more FVF's from sellers that have added tracking since the

policy came into place).

Everything they do is geared to make them more money and towards buyers but they've completely

forgotten about sellers being buyers as well,(lose those sellers and lose their buying as well).

As a side note:

"Blue" Strawberries,Rainbow Roses and all the other scam listings are still doing a roaring trade so money

obviously has a greater importance than integrity,(but that goes for all the other big online sites as well),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes tazz I was shut down because I posted at letter rate and was defected and then suspended for life.

Now if it happens to more sellers which it will do ebay think oh well no worries there will be more sellers joining ebay?

Well ebay if you keep shutting down sellers then one day it will bite you in the **bleep**

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Well ebay if you keep shutting down sellers then one day it will bite you in the **bleep**
so true, so true.
They constantly bite the hand that feeds them.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I don't think anything will come back to bite eBay (certain sellers are feeling the bite, but not eBay). Be assured that the huge eBay corporation will have plan A, B, C, D, E and F in place to continue or sell out to ensure they are profitable to themselves and their shareholders.

Of course as sellers, we feel the pain as we try to adapt and stay or accept and leave. It's that simple.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I know ebay make trillions of dollars and are in the business to make money but if they keep shuting the door on good sellers means that ebay is then loosing money therefor as a big business to lose money is not in their best interest.

So if ebay loses money at a higher rate than they are making money well that's just bad business in my books.

And on the other hand they certainly would be making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in iterest on their cash so I suppose it's no skin off their nose.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

what makes me laugh about the late shipment defect is the EBay seller I have found the worse is AusPost they have been outside the estimated time every time I have ordered from them maybe time to start clicking no and see if they get closed down now that would be funny

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Big mistake to assume the same rules apply to all.  We've seen evidence time and again of different rules for different members (both buyers and sellers).

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

Big mistake to assume the same rules apply to all.  We've seen evidence time and again of different rules for different members (both buyers and sellers).

I do not assume for 1 minute AusPost Ebay would ever be closed 🙂

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Just like eBay doesn't assume AusPost would ever be closed? Like right now at 5:53AM on Sunday morning? 🙂
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Aust Post is never closed according to eBay. They are even open Good Friday and Christmas Day. Given those days come of your handling time, it's pretty obvious eBay assumes they are normal business days.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply