Incorrect and very long express delivery times showing on listings. Any way to improve?

What I've noticed this year is our estimated delivery times are now showing as around 2 weeks for both regular and express post. We started using Toll Express for all orders and nearly everything (even to those in lockdown) were arriving in 1-2 business days. The problem is even after we changed a listing to shipping with Toll (settings says 1-3 business days) it still shows as 2 weeks on our listings to all states - even within our own state! This is also with same day postage settings. Is there anything we can do for our listings to show a more accurate estimated delivery time? I spoke to eBay about this and they said it's normal and our account did not have any penalities. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Incorrect and very long express delivery times showing on listings. Any way to improve?

I only use Australia Post.s standard services. Most items are delivered within a week. However due to covid 19 restrictions, industrial action and workers needing to quarantine etc, there have been delays in some items. Understandable during a pandemic.

Ebay has actually been most considerate and recognised that, as Australia Post indicate on every page of their website, unfortunately there are unavoidable delays and interruptions in service. In view of these problems Ebay is helping sellers by showing a longer delivery time.

When I'm buying I make allowances for the possibility of a longer delivery time. Most times I'm happy to get delivery within a few days but I understand when a purchase delivery is delayed. I would hope that most buyers understand this and accept it as another covid related annoyance.

By the way, I stopped using the Express service last year. After Australia Post stated they couldn't guarantee a faster delivery. Just as they wouldn't be asking recipients to sign on delivery.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If it is of any help, I've sent sent a couple of items express, customers having paid standard, to a few interstate locations which seemed particularly slow. Both arrived within four working days. So, they did get priority in processing. Until this past week, in the main, parcels with standard charges were taking up to two weeks to be processed, here in Melbourne.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Maybe read this

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/Recent-carrier-delays-How-we-re-supporting-you/b...

If Ebay dont do this then users complain that they havent allowed enough scope in the delivery estimate.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

eBay are doing it both in the seller's interest and their own, since for a lot of sellers they are (supposed to be) covering refunds in INR cases when the seller uploads tracking within handling time and there's a lodgement scan. If they don't have a buffer zone, they'd be up for a lot more unnecessary refunds on behalf of sellers whose buyers open INR cases the second the ETA has passed and their item hasn't arrived. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply