Insulting message about prices

Anyone get randoms sending insulting messages about your prices? lol

lmao got a message saying hahaha you can buy it brand new for less than that. Although I wasn't aware, following that, I did find it elsewhere, but 'out of stock' so he's technically incorrect.

But I checked his feedback and sure enough he buys tons of same type of items, obviously to resell on another account. So I replied, said what's the matter snookums, price not cheap enough for you to resell?

He'd be one of those who cons the staff in op shops 'I'm a collector'. Yeah sure you are, we all are until we get home and list it for sale 😎  I suggested he trot off and troll new sellers, being the bottom dweller he is

Anyone else had those type of messages?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

No messages, but I was randomly robbed a star (got a 4/5) for postage costs a week ago on an item which had $1.20 postage instead of $2.20 (2 stamps).
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

these sorts of messages are annoying, but you should take them with a grain of salt. 

i haven't had one in a while, but when i do i simply respond and tell them they don't have to buy it and someone else will.

i've never understood people putting time and effort into sending these messages to sellers. simply buy the item for the price, or don't and find it somewhere cheaper - if you they can't do that, then tough bikkies Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

I listed a digital camera (only used half a dozen times) for $60, pick up only

I listed it with the year of purchase (2005) and model etc. after researching what others were selling for on the internet

A fellow wrote to ask me if I knew it was 15 years old, and suggested I was asking far to much

I ignored him

About a week later he offered me $2

I just replied 'no thanks'

About 10 days later it sold for $60 - hope he checked it out

I noticed the only items he had for sale were cameras and parts

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

with terrible feedback like you have i am surprised you sell anything at all-phorum junkie on these forums often would tell people to never buy off anyone with less than 99%-many others also give this advice.

"He'd be one of those who cons the staff in op shops 'I'm a collector'. Yeah sure you are, we all are until we get home and list it for sale 😎" - hey that's the line i have heard you using recently

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I don't reply to nonsensical messages, and often put them on my BBL.

Same goes for ignoring certain posts in community.

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@supermussolinibros wrote:

with terrible feedback like you have i am surprised you sell anything at all-phorum junkie on these forums often would tell people to never buy off anyone with less than 99%-many others also give this advice.

"He'd be one of those who cons the staff in op shops 'I'm a collector'. Yeah sure you are, we all are until we get home and list it for sale 😎" - hey that's the line i have heard you using recently

Unnecessary rudeness on your part, I reckon.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

I listed a digital camera (only used half a dozen times) for $60, pick up only

I listed it with the year of purchase (2005) and model etc. after researching what others were selling for on the internet

A fellow wrote to ask me if I knew it was 15 years old, and suggested I was asking far to much

I ignored him

About a week later he offered me $2

I just replied 'no thanks'

About 10 days later it sold for $60 - hope he checked it out

I noticed the only items he had for sale were cameras and parts

Cameras I consider high risk. The Minolta I have listed has had a lot of interest, on here and elsewhere, finding a genuine buyer though is nigh on impossible. Doesn't bother me though. It's a nice thing to display with old books. Digital cameras are the same, mostly resellers, high risk for scams. $2 ?? 😂 That is a tactic they use to attempt to get us to reduce the price. Even scammers like a bargain lol

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

Cameras I consider high risk. The Minolta I have listed has had a lot of interest, on here and elsewhere, finding a genuine buyer though is nigh on impossible.

'Risk' would be buying a camera advertised on eBay as 'Used', (i.e. "An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended") from a seller who admits "I haven't tested however. Selling as is."

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

Cameras I consider high risk. The Minolta I have listed has had a lot of interest, on here and elsewhere, finding a genuine buyer though is nigh on impossible.

'Risk' would be buying a camera advertised on eBay as 'Used', (i.e. "An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended") from a seller who admits "I haven't tested however. Selling as is."

Mate have you ever lost a significant sum of money to scammers? Your comment is ignorant. This kind of description is common now because of the buyer money back guarantee and the length of time they have to do paypal claims.

Contrary to what you are insinuating, which I don't appreciate btw **bleep**, it isn't (I'm not) dodgy or 'risky', purely a protective measure adopted by many now. You also seem to make continued assumptions about me, I'm guessing based on the type of things I sell. You don't know anything about me so stop judging me. I recently listed a high risk item fully tested, like new in the box, and got scammed. Will never EVER do that again. So you can keep your incorrect insinuations to yourself. No need to be nasty

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply