International postage. Anybody using Standard for their sales?

Hi.

I have been offering Express only for my international sales since April. This has been for the obvious reason of lengthy delivery times.

The side effect has been a sharp drop in the number of such sales, due to the cost.

Has anyone have a good idea of actual delivery times using Standard? I do not believe Oz Post estimates. My sales are primarily to The UK, France, US and Canada.

BTW. I am in Melbourne, which probably adds an additional delay.

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I am in Melbourne also.

UK, processed 6 Sep 2020, landed 27 Sep 2020, delivered 28 Sep 2020.

US, processed 6 Sep 2020, landed 21 Sep 2020, delivered 27 Sep 2020

CA, processed 2 Sep 2020, landed 15 Sep 2020, delivered 19 Sep 2020

FR, processed 28 Aug 2020, landed 14 Sep 2020, delivered 15 Sep 2020

I find Standard to be just fine.  I've noticed that the cheaper Economy service has been back for a week or two but I far from being ready to give up the protection of tracking at least til the end of the year.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

reversing it, from the US to me in sydney twice has taken 2 months...regular post

up until recently I have sold internationally, until during august when registered post international was not enough to stop a US buyer filling an INR.  I have all the documentation but is not enough and you end up wearing the  cost of post, fees the item (and they keep it when it eventually arrives) all because ebay require proof of Delivery (and it hasn't been delivered yet).  I am very disappointed as international sales was a large part of my sales, but is not worth the time or the stress.  particularly when to top it off they give you bad feedback too,

read up on seller protection, and how it is there for things out of your control (eg pandemic) and then forget about it. its all BS - doesn't exist if your item is delayed by covid.

be very careful as from experience the USPS doesn't connect well with APost system and your  tracking no. is no-where to be found over time. stick to express if you must.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

The tracking on my US sales stopped on AP after they were scanned as arriving in the US. They then showed up on the USPS site and tracked all the way until delivery. My Post was then updated as being delivered.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

that would make sense tippy, in my case, after it reached san fran, the no. could not be found on the USPS site.... and is yet to be delivered..

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Note that AP are sending parcels to UK by sea again. I've had two parcels diverted from airmail to go by sea, so hopefully arrival by Xmas. My guess is due to the big second pandemic wave they are currently experiencing causing flights to be cancelled.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

My only recent o/s post was to NZ and it took about 10 days.  Fine.

In terms of UK, my mother and I each subscribe to two different weekly magazines.  Postage is erratic.  Perhaps once every 2 months we get a whole heap, and then nothing.  As others have said, air flights must be the problem.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

There is nothing on the AusPost website about diverting parcels to sea - only the fact sea mail services resumed on 14th August

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your response. It gives me confidence to return to offering Standard, probably in the new year. Given the Chistmas buying season is almost with us, with it's inevitable backlogs, I'll take the hit to sales until then.

I wish it were possible to offer Standard to specific countries like UK or US, rather than the one in,all in system that ebay offers. My last sale, using Express, was to Bulgaria. No idea how long Standard would take to get there.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@padraicpaul91 wrote:

I wish it were possible to offer Standard to specific countries like UK or US, rather than the one in,all in system that ebay offers. My last sale, using Express, was to Bulgaria. No idea how long Standard would take to get there.

Of course you can offer only to UK and US, and/or:    just update your postage preferences.

Site preferences > Manage postage setting s> Excluding postage locations > EDIT > 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply